Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Could I get some information on Bermuda?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:15 AM
Ginger

Like best boats to take there,specific ships and ports. Things to do while visiting. I've heard there is a Dolphin experience, I'm not too keen on captive dolphins ,is there whale watching, deep sea fishing? I can't go until fall and am a little worried about hurricane season creating rough seas/uncomfortable cruises, any comments on that problem? Thanks!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Ilene H.

We cruised to Bermuda on RCCL and Celebrity. We preferred Celebrity's ships. We sailed on the Zenith, but the Horizon is supposed to be the sister ship to the Zenith. If you cruise to Bermuda in June or July, the chances of hurricanes are minimal. The weather will be beautiful. I also would only cruise with a ship that stops 2 nights in Hamilton and one night in St. George. Both of these ports are different and have something to offer. The Royal Dockyards is another port, but there is not much to do there. Regarding shore excursions, you can go onto celebritycruises.com or find the RCCL website and they will tell you what excursions are offered.<BR>Happy cruising.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:43 AM
Ann

I have been on Norwegian's Majesty out of Boston. I have sailed on Carnival ships previously and found the Majesty much smaller - but comfortable. We docked in St. Georges for the entire time ... getting around is easy though. You can buy a bus pass right off the ship and they run all the time. I suggest researching activities and doing them on your own, instead of booking tours on the ship.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:18 PM
Guy

I sailed on the Celebrity Horizon from NYC to Bermuda. We docked at the Royal Naval Yard and then at Hamilton. Very nice trip. I liked the Horizon but prefer RCCL more. Bermuda was interesting. The most civilized island we have been to in comparison to all the ones in the Caribbean we visited on earlier cruises. I liked the people and the shops and restaurants.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:23 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Guy,<BR><BR>Could you please give us some insight into why you preferred Royal Cribbean over Celebrity. This is a first for the Bermuda sailing.<BR><BR>Paul

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Parrot Mom

For the best info on Bermuda...cruising or flying go to..<BR>/www.keyguide.com/cgi-local/index.cgi these people are Bermuda Obsessed People..known lovingly as BOP's