Celebrity Horizon or Carnival Celebrity?

Old May 5th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celebrity Horizon or Carnival Celebrity?

Hi everybody!
I need some help. My husband and I need a vacation. We are really interested in taking a cruise at the end of May/beginning of June to take advantage of the Memorial DAy Weekend.

We have checked out two cruises:

1) Carnival Cruise on Celebrity to San Juan, Tortola and St. Thomas
2) Celebrity Cruise on Horizon to Bermuda

I have heard scary things about Carnival, but then from reading around, I hear that Horizon is the oldest ship in the Celebrity fleet. I have also heard that Celebrity attracts an older clientele - my husband and I are 27 and 35.

Any thougts? Food, good beaches, pools etc. are very important to us. Excursions are also important.

Another thing, how do you know where to choose a room on the ship -- any thoughts on that, or whether a balcony is necessary?

I appreciate your help!!

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:24 AM

We did a 7 day New Years cruise on Horizon the year before last. It is smaller than the other ships in Celebrity's Fleet, but it was clean, and we felt a sense of it being more quaint and personable vis-a-vis the newer, larger, more glamorous ships.

On the Bermuda cruise you can do your own excursions, and Bermuda is beautiful.

I would definitely chose the Bermuda itinerary over the Caribbean one, and would chose Celebrity over Carnival any day.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much Budsman. I appreciate the advice.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Oops -- I just realized that I meant Carnival Legend -- not Carnival Celebrity -- based on that, does anyone else have any opinions?
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM

Ambre12--

I also love the Bermuda itinerary..and the weather will be perfect for Bermuda.

Celebrity is a little older clientele..but Bermuda is also a famous honeymoon destination...so you still may see people your age...

Carnival is more of a party party atmosphere--Celebrity is a little more upscale ....
Old May 6th, 2004, 09:06 AM

Hands down Horizon. Have been on this ship many times and in my opinion if though its an older/smaller ship its the better of the 2 choices (food, service, ambiance)....

Bermuda is just a wonderful place. Great people but very conservative. Note when you ship is in port there will be no professional entertainment on board but you could go out to one of the hotel clubs...

Tobacco Bay/(St Georges side) and Horseshoe bay (Hamilton/Kings Wharf side) are some of the beaches. But Bermuda is full of little coves and private beaches...

I am not sure, but if your ship does the St George itinerary (not the Kings Wharf itinerary) than your ship docks right in town...

Hope this helps