Accomodations in Antigua

Old Jun 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accomodations in Antigua

Has anyone stayed at Dickenson Bay Cottages? This will be our first time to Antigua and we will be there for 3 weeks. Am looking for a place that is not too expensive, has a swimming pool , laundry facilities and kitchenette. Am also looking at Buccaneer Beach Club and Siboney Beach club. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM

the poster by the name of mymoosie has stayed at these cottages and you can probably do a search here for her trip report. You can also do an internet search for her own website which has a lot of photos on it.

I'm not familiar with Buccanneer, but I've toured Siboney once. Nice location, pretty grounds, very good restaurant, which I've eaten at twice--it's called Coconut something or other.

If you're interested in Dickenson Bay Cottages, be sure to check out the auctions at SkyAuction.com, which features them regularly. It's possible to get an amazing deal through them.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Hi. Actually Dickenson Bay Cottages are different from where we stayed (Antigua Village). I believe DBC are located somewhere above or beyond the Rex Halcyon or Sandals, or around that area.

I have not heard of Buccaneer Beach Club so not sure where exactly it is located. It looks cute though. It must be new.
The only location I can think of is that it is between Sandals and Antigua Village, because I think that is only the parcel of empty beachfront left last time we were there. But I am not too sure.

I have not seen the rooms at Siboney, but it is next door to Antigua Village, and as ejcrowe said, it is next to Coconut Grove. (Love their lobster at this restaurant.)

Antigua Village is not a bad choice, they have a big pool, kitchenette, but no laundry facilities. They're always on skyauction and you can get a really good deal that way.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM

Do not stay @ Siboney!! The place is a dump. The pool is gross...dirty & disgusting, the rooms/"suites" are v/ small & the shower was covered in mildew. And, there is no beach right in front of Siboney. Just a strip of sand a walkway. We had reservations @ Siboney, stayed the first night & then left in search of another place. The problem was that everything was booked & after touring the entire Island in a taxi we ended up next door @ The Rex which is not great but better than Siboney. We had a large one bedroom right on the beach @ the southern end of the property...walk out your door, & you are on the beach. Although the Rex is generally not a great place the location is unbeatable. Spectacular sunsets.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM

oops! sorry about the misinformation.