Antigua- PB vs JBR

Jun 5th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Mary

Antigua- PB vs JBR

I THINK I have finally narrowed my search to Antigua for our annual family trip next spring 2003. I will be bringing my husband and 3 boys ages 11-15. I need any info that would help me decide between Pineapple Beach or Jolly Beach resort. (or if should not stay at either). We are looking for clean rooms, they dont necessarily have to be luxurious, but clean is a must. Our boys also like to swim, so a nice pools a must (I realize that Jolly Beach has a bigger pool, but is it that much nicer than PB to be the deciding factor?) We also would like a nice beach for the boys to snorkel. Also which tours are best? Thanks in advance!

Jun 7th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Mary

Sorry, I just wanted to move my post up on the board, please anyone w info, I could use your advice!

Jun 8th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Sharon

We have traveled to Antigua staying at Sandals. We stopped by Pineapple Beach Club and it looked o.k.--beach was long. Did you read travelers comments at Where2Stay.com? There was a resort down the beach from us--the Rex Halcyon Cove I believe--resort not fancy but it is on the best beach in Antigua--lots of strolling vendors. Sailing is the main activity in Antigua. By the Rex H.C. there was a large catamaran that went out to Barbuda all day--board right on the beach. English Harbor and Nelsons Dockyard are interesting places to visit--mariner history.

Jun 9th, 2002, 04:27 AM
xxx

We stayed at JBR a year ago and thought it was one of the best places we've stayed - overall. The grounds are beautiful and you can dress as casual or as fancy as you'd like. The rooms are kind of small so I would suggest upgrading but the service was excellent, the beach is perfect, and the resort grounds and facilities very nice.

Jun 9th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Mary

Thanks for your help, I'm headed to wheretostay.com right now!