Search

4S Nevis in Dec?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4S Nevis in Dec?

4 Seasons is running a great special where at the end of stay you are refunded an airfare credit of up to $500 until Dec 15.

My question is: is this a poor time to travel there? Will it be overrun with familes/children even before xmas break? bad weather? I am not familiar with Nevis so plese help!

Thanks!!
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Early December is a good time to stay at 4S Nevis. Although they do get their share of families school is still in session then so there's not likely to be too many children. Weather that time of year is likely to be good. Go to www.weatherbase.com for statistical & historical data. Nevis is a great island for those seeking lush greenery, mountains and an Old World Caribbean charm.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info A_Traveller.
The weather seems good. I am just concerned about kids as I know it is a family friendly resort.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM

We went last year (in august). They were running the same promotion. The only problem was that my husband's grandfather died and we had to leave early, so we lost the 500 airfare credit. Just something to consider. The hotel was nice although the food is really expensive. Dinner could easily cost $200 for two.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM

The weather should be fine. Not too many kids due to xmas break not starting yet. I am sure it will be great! FS is a great resort.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 03:28 PM

One other thing...I believe that they have a quiet side of the beach and a family side.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
cw

There are many good places to eat in Nevis and I would recommend renting a car, or taking a taxi and leaving the resort. You can spend less on food and see a lot of the island.

Early December is a good time to go, and is fairly quiet. I wouldn't worry about there being too many families around. And there's enough room to be away from them, if there are.

CW
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your information. I knew I would get good answers here!
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 01:56 PM

We were at the FS Nevis four months ago and the staff was telling us how they get really busy at Christmas with returning guests, but they defined it as the third and fourth week of the month. Most likely, they are offering this deal as they are not expecting many guests, so go. Enjoy the spa and relax!
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

After looking into a few resorts, I am planning to book the 4S Nevis as my husband seems the most interested in it and I like all my ideas (!) so I am happy with it as well.

After all your great responses I think I will miss most children by a week or so (I would be there from Dec 9-15).
Also, the adult only pool sounds great.

I recently read some trip advisor reviews that were poor, but I think some complaints were just petty (bugs on the beach, dark hot sand!) or else some guests expected quicker service or to be waited on hand and foot. I can't imagine that I would not be happy there so I am not too worried.

I do plan to leave the resort with taxis and would like to look into an ecotour hike. If anyone has feedback on that or other don't miss activities (in between relaxing of course!)I would love to hear them!
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
cw

Take a look at www.walknevis.com for walking/hiking tours. The Nevis Botanical Garden is worth a visit. You might want to rent a car or take a round the island tour with a taxi driver.

For a charter sail/snorkel trip take a look at www.starmonkeys.com. We had a great half day sail with them.

For other ideas look at www.nevis1.com and the tourist site, www.nevisisland.com.

It's a terrific place. I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit.

CW
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM

Be sure to stop by Chevy's Beach Bar located on Pinney's Beach and have a complimentary "Stinger".

A website you might enjoy is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Will make sure to try a stinger!