2 room suite in the carribean?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in the Carribean can you get a nice suite so that you're kids are sepearate from you, without spending like $700 a night? It doesn't have 2 be 2 bedrooms, but one closed off bedroom and the 2 kids sleep in a pull out couch or roolout. We love the Westin in the bahamas but it is $700 a night for a suite. Yikes
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:09 AM

We often stay at Royal Palm Resort in Simpson Bay on St. Maarten. We get a special rate thru my DH's employer so I'm not sure of their regular rates, but they aren't anywhere near $700 per night. Right now they are having a special for the month of June at $139 per night.

The resort is located right on the beach and each room/unit has two bedrooms, two baths, living room, full kitchen with fridge and freezer, dining area, patio with ocean view, three televisions, etc.

http://www.royalpalmbeachresort.com/
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM

I take that back, they have one, two and three bedroom units.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:23 PM

I think your original interest was a place in the Bahamas.

You might want to explore some of the properties in the out islands. Rates will be more family friendly.

One that you might want to explore is Cocodimama on Eleuthra. It's a small property and you might be able to book something upstairs/downstairs and still have privacy and security for the kids !

Just a thought.

Let us know what is most important to you on this vacation, and we'll be better able to help.

There are many options out there, and most will not cost $700/night.

Marion

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

How do you get to the Out islands. Fly into which island and THEN to the out island?

for my kids, I would love a pool where the kids go WOW! The problem is we're used to staying in really nice places, but this is the first time we have travelled like this with the kids, and they really jack up the price when you want some privacy I'm not sure we can have it all, but I'd like to do my best to make everyone happy. Mom (relaxcation, nice beach) Dad (privacy with Mom) Kids( Wow, kinda pool!)

I know, I'm not very specific, I'm jumping all over the place in my search. I'm totally overwhelmed
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:48 PM

You can get a 2-room suite for under $300 at the Tobago Hilton in off season. However, Tobago is hard to get to from the U.S..
The suite has 2 balconies (one with jacuzzi), 2 TVs, and 2 bathrooms. The hotel has 3 pools -- one that the kids would love.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:58 PM

I'll leave the airline travel part to better informed experts. I am and will continue to be geographically challenged.

But I do know that for Eleuthra, you can fly from Miami or Nassau and be there pretty quickly.

Now, as far as a "wow" kind of pool, what better than the ocean itself ! Where the water is a color that makes all say WOW, and sand that is soft and silky underfoot !

I understand that travelling to the Caribbean with young kids can be challenging. I'm suggesting that a big name/resort may not be your only option.
You might think about a house rental. I know...you don't want to cook, nor should you ;-) But there are places in the Bahamas where a housekeeper will come daily and you can have lunch/dinner where you want.

Don't underestimate the value of having a place with a refrigerator when travelling with hungry kids. The sun and the surf bring out appetites in all of us !

Ramble, ramble, ramble ;-) I think there are lots of folks here who'd like to help. Keep your questions coming !

Marion

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:26 PM

In the summer you can book a mountain view villa suite at the former Hilton Jalousie (now owned by another company--don't know the corporate name) for about $450. I don't if the pool itself would make your kids say wow, though it is certainly nice enough. But the stunning location smack between the Pitons on a beautiful beach, combined with their own private plunge pool might do the trick. The villa suite have one bedroom that can be closed off with a sitting room with a tv and pull-out couch that can be closed off. Both the bedroom and sitting room have a glass door leading to the patio where the wet bar and plunge pool are. Bathroom has a separate access so that you don't have to go through the bedroom to get to it.

The resort is huge and breathtakingly beautiful. They also have a small kids program, but when I was staying there, there weren't enough kids to run it.

I've not stayed there, but the Reef Resort on the east end of Grand Cayman has several reasonable options that provide privacy and a separate sleeping area for kids.

You could also check into some of the condos on Grace Bay in Provo, Turks & Caicos. Last summer I priced out a 4 night package for an ocean front 2 bedroom condo with a partial meal plan at Ocean Club that was very reasonable for the amount of space provided.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:59 PM

ACtually the family islands are getting easier to get to. You can for example fly directly into from several gateway cities in the US and then fly Bahamas Air or take the Fast Ferry over to Eleuthera, Harbour Island and Spanish Wells. There is also a ferry I have heard that now goes to the Abacos.

There are 2 nice places I can suggest on Harbour Island:

www.coralsands.com
and
www.romorabay.com

Both are family friendly, and the WOW factor will play in here for the pools at both locations.

Coral Sands you can get a 2 room suite and since it's off season the prices are much better.

Romora Bay accomodations are villas so you have quite a bit of room there.

Both have excellent restaurans on site and Romora has Tingum Village within walking distance for the BEST hamburgers you will ever have.

Hope this helps, have a GREAT time.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:39 PM

St.Lucia..Windjammer Landing has what you need check site www.windjammer-landing.com
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:28 PM

Cayman has lots of condos and condo resorts that suit... I know you can get a one bedroom condo that suits your exact requirements for under $250 per night beachfront... and this summer Cayman is offering 5th night free, which can take the rate down another 20%
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

wow thank all!!! You are so nice!
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Check out the Sands on T&C. Two bedroom garden view condo is $325 (until Dec 17th). The condos have a full kitchen, living room, and washer/dryer. The Sands has a very nice pool and your kids would enjoy the property (nice gardens etc). Grace bay is gorgeous. You could also go for a 1 bedroom and have the kids sleep in the living room on a pull out couch ($275).
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 06:51 AM

Hi - you may want to look into a few affordable places on Anguilla that won't come close to $700 a night:

Carimar Beach Club - www.carimar.com 2 bdroom apt. $240 -$280 off season; $485 - $570 in season
Shoal Bay Villas - www.sbvillas.ai 2 bdrm poolside ste $260- $280 off season; $445-$465 in season
Frangipani Beach Club - www.frangipani.ai 2 bedroom apartment $2,450/week from 4/16 - 9/2; 11/1 - 12/19
Elodias - www.elodias.ai 2 bedroom suite is $180 offseason/$240 in season

Best beaches in the Caribbean!!!
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 08:36 AM

We just returned from the Grand Case Beach Club on St. Martin. They have 2 bedroom/2 bath condos that are reasonably priced. The beach in front of the hotel is small but great for kids because it is so clear and calm. It was having a gigantic pool at your door. There weren't that many kids there when we were there but the ones there were having a blast snorkeling around in the water and floating on the calm water. There is a pool - which I never even saw. The oceanfront condos are right on the ocean - separated by a sea wall. It allows you to sit right by the water with the kids just steps away. The kitchen and living room are on the main floor and the bedrooms and baths are upstairs - with a nice balcony off the master suite. They have great watersports there - sea kayaks, paddle boats, snorkeling equipment and you can book water skiing and snorkeling trips. You are also within waking distance of some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean.
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Cartera-

Do you have any resources for combined airfare/lodging at the Grand Case Beach Club?

Thanks!
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 03:32 PM

I was not aware of this, but I did a little research and Apple Vacations packages GCBC. Here is another http://ww1.tntvacations.com/HotelsOv...nt=tnt-SXM-GCB Just google "Grand Case Beach Club package" We were lucky enough to find an airfare sale on USAir - about $370 including fees and taxex and we rented the condo from a friend of a friend so we got an incredible deal there.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 04:46 AM

I empathize with this challenge, we have two kids and it is not our idea of a fun vacation to share a room with them! Here's where we have gone thus far -- Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar in Dorado, PR -- it's the condo section of Hyatt Cerramar/Dorado and thus far our kids' favorite place. We have also stayed at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club which is the condo section of the Aruba Marriott. Another poster suggested The Sands in T & C, I second that. We have not gone there with our kids but we stayed next door at Point Grace and if I went back with my kids I would stay at The Sands. Other places we are considering for the future -- Harbourview Suites at Atlantis, Treasure Cay Resort or Bahamas Beach Club in the out islands, St. James Club in St. Lucia. All of these are condo resorts or have condos on site and the prices don't break the bank. Another good option is any of the Royal Resorts in Cancun.