victoria vancouver bed and breakfasts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like bed and breakfast recommendations for vancouver and victoria -- preferable in the Canadian 175 and below range for two. Will be ther the first week of June.<BR><BR>Also, since we have never been there, what area of the city should we stay in. We will have a car.<BR><BR>Thanks
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 09:37 AM

I've never stayed in any in Victoria but the Beaconsfield Inn and Abigail's Hotel are B&amp;B-like and seem to be two of the favourites. They may have rooms in your price range. I like the location of the Beaconsfield slightly better. Haterleigh Heritage Inn is a highly rated attractive property and is in a fairly convenient location.<BR><BR>Maybe someone here has firsthand experience with one of the many smaller, less expensive B&amp;Bs in town. Since you have a car, you could also stay out of town, which would probably be cheaper. B&amp;Bs are all over and I wouldn't know what to recommend. The Rockland area is lovely - nice to walk in and not far from downtown. Dreemskerry Heritage House comes to mind. If you want to be able to walk to most of the major sights though, I would stay in the downtown / James Bay / Beacon Hill areas.<BR>
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:49 PM

we stayed at Abigail's and thought it was great. The rooms were lovely and the breakfast one of the best ever. <BR>Don't miss the Royal Museum while in Victoria..and especially the &quot;First Peoples&quot; exhibit.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:20 AM

I haven't stayed at Abigail's but I have driven past it, and it's certainly had excellent recommendations here. I have stayed at a few less upscale b&amp;b's in the Victoria area - the one I liked best is called Swallow Hill Farm. They have a good website. The accommodation websites have quite a lot to say about the Iris Garden in Saanich, but I wouldn't recommend it. It looked wonderful online, but I didn't really enjoy my stay there very much. In Vancouver we stayed at the Cherub Inn in Kitsilano, and loved it. They had closed down some of their rooms last year but hopefully they're still in business; the house is gorgeous, the breakfasts are wonderful, and we loved the location.
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 07:10 AM

We love to stay at Spinnakers Guest House -- within walking distance of the inner harbour, lovely rooms with fabulous breakfasts served at the brew-pub next door. Find them at www.spinnakers.com -- and tell them we miss 'em; haven't been able to stay there since we began traveling with our little dog (no pets at the Guest House)
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:23 AM
blpar

We stayed at Comox Cottage last summer. Easy walk to Stanley Park, Robson Street, lots of restaurants in the area.