Search

Vancouver Mid September

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vancouver Mid September

Hi!
I am planning a trip for Vancouver Sept. 17-25. Is this a mistake? I thought it would be the perfect time-not too crowded but still considered Summer (by most businesses) I also read that the weather would still be good...but on this site it seems like it might be very rainy. What should I do? Should I change my mind?

If I do decide to go (and I really want to!) are there any recommendations on places I must see or restaurants I can't miss?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 09:38 PM

You can never go wrong visiting Vancouver at any time of the year...and you also can never guarantee the weather. I tell people to get a great raincoat/jacket and an umbrella and just go. It is a spectacular city and you will find that there are wonderful things to see and do. When I go I like to: take a narrated tour of the harbour because you see the city from a different vantage point, the water, and it's a beautiful view. I like to go to Granville Island, go thru the market, grab a coffee and sit outside; maybe check out some of the arts and crafts stores; possible eat at Bridges outside if it's nice. I enjoy walking the Seawall around Stanley Park. I love Robson Street because it's so vibrant and I also head to Yaletown, usually to the Brewery but other restaurants and shops interest me. We head to Granville Street around 15th Avenue for Brunch at Barney's (always a line up but still worth it). Sometimes I drive to Horseshoe Bay for dinner or to take a ferry. You can just stay on one to Sechelt without getting off and see spectacular scenery along the route or you can go to Bowen Island and explore there. You shouldn't miss Seasons restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Park if your budget allows. Hope I've helped. By the way, where are you staying?
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 10:17 AM

It shouldn't be too rainy. September is quite a dry month in Vancouver. Stick with September.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 10:52 AM

I think September would be my top choice!
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your GREAT comments...I am so ready to go!! (Only 41/2 more months WOOHOO!! LOL!!)

bonlou30, I will be staying at the Johnson Heritage House B&B for 5 nights on W. 34th and then I'll spend my remaining 3 nights at the Windsor B&B near city Hall (They both look like really nice places-especially Johnson House-but my budget only allows for 5 nights)

I know I am going to have a GREAT time!!