Vancouver Hotel Choice

May 27th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Devon

Vancouver Hotel Choice

In choosing between Four Seasons, Pan Pacific or Hyatt Regency -- which one should be our top choice?

This will be our first time to visit & are aiming for a fabulous experience. We are interested in the theater, restaurants & exploring the city. We'll also be celebrating my husband's birthday.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

May 27th, 2002, 06:22 PM
g mitchell

Don't mean to be flippant and no pun intended but flip a coin -- they all have their advantages and all are good. Depends which room you get in any.

Pan Pacific -- right on the water, good resturants, rather stark lobby, interesting building but downside is that it is also the cruise ship terminal and the big boats dock very early in the morning and sometimes is noisy ( on the other hand it could be exciting if you like ships )

4 Seasons and Hyatt both on Georgia Street a couple of blocks apart so central for shopping etc. 4 Seasons rated higher but Hyatt just reopened after a
major reno -- both very nice.

enjoy

May 27th, 2002, 09:23 PM
janet

Pan Pacific...other two do not compare.
And have the Sunday brunch!

May 27th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Tanya

Janett's remark is ridiculously extreme. The Four Season's doesn't compare? The only thing that doesn't compare is the view. The service, rooms etc. are better at the Four Seasons which consistently has received the AAA 5 Diamonds award. The Pan Pacific only receives it occasionally.

May 28th, 2002, 06:45 AM
gary

Depends on what's most important to you. The Pan Pacific is located right on the most beautiful harbour in North America and is right on top of the cruise ship terminal and steps from Gastown. The Four Seasons is located in the heart of Downtown right above a huge shopping mall. Proximity to theatres and Restaurants are equal with the edge to the Four Seasons.

May 31st, 2002, 04:55 AM
Bev

Try the Wedgewood. Smaller and more intimate and also right on the corner of Robson Street. Try for a Suite if you can swing it....they have a great Brunch and the Restaurant is lovely...Dedicated staff.Ask for higher floor overlooking the Gardens with Balcony.

May 31st, 2002, 08:48 AM
janett

The reason for choosing the Pan Pacific over the Four Seasons is clearly pointed out in Gary's response .
A hotel over a shopping mall in the middle of downtown vs. a waterfront hotel...go figure!

May 31st, 2002, 10:01 AM
cindy

I'd also cast my vote for the Wedgewood. It's my all-time favourite hotel. Small, intimate, fabulous restaurant, gorgeous rooms.

May 31st, 2002, 10:39 AM
Bev

Cindy..

Any special room or floor..corner etc. that you would like to recommend? Thanks.

Jun 1st, 2002, 04:32 AM
cindy

I always like the view on to Hornby Street, myself. The first time I stayed there, I was in a suite on one of the higher floors; I'd definitely recommend it, but there's no way I could afford it at this point! If your balcony looks over Hornby Street you can enjoy people-watching, and it doesn't seem to me that there's all that much street noise to worry about.

Jun 1st, 2002, 05:58 AM
Bev

Thanks Cindy.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:05 PM
vancouverite

Pan Pacific! No question! It's fabulous, waterfront, swanky and wow is the food good! Have the brunch!