Proximity of Vancouver hotel to cruise ship terminal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a Vancouver hotel not far from where our Princess cruise ship docks in mid June as we will be leaving the next day for Victoria via ground transportation. I found a hotel in North Vancouver on the "pier" that appears to be a few miles away. What is a good hotel district in Vancouver near the cruise terminal? Or perhaps a recommendation. Don't want to spend over $150C.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The usual docking location is Canada Place. There is a Pan Pacific hotel (pricey) AT that location; across the street is the Fairmont Waterfront and another Fairmont (Pacific Rim) down the street.

There are other hotels nearby; you might want to consider using a discount site such as hotels.com
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And the Waterfront SkyTrain station is within easy walking distance of the dock, too.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM

The Pier in North Vancouver is an excellent location for you. The hotel is located right by the sea bus terminal. The sea bus dock in Vancouver is right beside Canada Place.
You will actually be able to see your ship as you cross the water and basically dock right beside it.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM

To add to traveller69's comments, that means that you would take a public transport "sea bus" shuttle across the water to get to Canada Place.

Very nice, inexpensive, and convenient. Although, we had to have a local's help our first time figuring out the ticket fares - yeah, we were hopeless. It is pretty much honor system so you need to get the right zone destination to pay the right fare... But you are shortest distance, and that was the whole fun.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 07:23 AM

If you're catching a bus the following morning to Victoria, I would stay close to Canada Place. If you're in North Van you have to recross the harbour in order to get to your bus. If you`re downtown you pretty much only have to step out the door of your hotel.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM

We have always been pleased with our Priceline wins there, bidding on 4 star hotels in West Vancouver. It is a very walkable downtown and there is abundant public transpotation. There are tons of people pulling suitcases every time we're there, either heading to or from a cruise.

Enjoy.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Hi Sludick!! When are you coming back to the Island?

Actually - just in case Explorer bids on Priceline you don't want West Vancouver - that is across the water. I think you meant the West End thats the area basically between the dock and Stanley Park ( and stretching to English Bay.)

I didn't actually read the post properly I thought the OP was looking for a hotel prior to the cruise.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 03:46 AM

Yes, of course. I meant to say the western part of downtown Vancouver. Thanks for catching my goof up! I just checked, and Priceline looks to have reworked their zones. So, Zone 4 includes that area as well as Canada Place. Second choice would be Zone 5, the Granville entertainment district.

Sad to say, it doesn't look like we're heading to your island this year. We will be taking an aunt up to Banff/Jasper/ Okanagan/Wells Grey (you helped with some of the Clearwater lodging, thanks). We went to Yellowstone last month, to Massanutten next month. Then a family reunion in Ohio in summer will pretty well wrap us up. Are you down in a sunny spot right now?
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:37 PM

Yes we are in Arizona now - hasn't been the best winter but it is 80 degrees right now so we will take it!!!
Enjoy your travels - I am envious.

Put Victoria back on the list and we will see you there - for a longer visit.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:58 PM

As a Vancouverite, I offer this. If you are arriving on Cruise ship and departing by Ground transportation (bus or car?) the next day, you don't want to be too far away from downtown. I would never cross on a ferry, or go to West Vcr for a hotel.
I agree with earlier posts, you don't want to be tied up in traffic on Lionsgate bridge going to West Vcr or a delayed Seabus ferry going to No Vcr.
Best to check out some of the West End or Downtown hotels depending on your budget. Check out Vancouver Tourism website. It has good hotel rates. Booking.com has good offers too. Time Square Suites offers great value. Comfortable beds and spotlessly clean rooms. Kitchen, roof patio. Near many inexpensive & great restaurants. Nice place to walk. There are higher end ones - Westin Bayshore, Marriot, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, The Loden (chic) as is the Opus a bit further away in Yaletown but at a subway stop. Holiday Inns, Blue Horizon, The Empire Landmark. Check the location before you book. Do not stay in Gastown or Downtown Eastside yet!