looking for good hotel not too far from Vancouver cruise terminal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be coming off a wonderful ship (RSSC Mariner) and hope to find a pleasant hotel for one or two nights post-cruise. I like the idea of Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront, in part because I'd rather not wait for a taxi; I've read that it can be hectic on disembarkation days. Main priority for us is peace and quiet (good soundproofing in rooms, no traffic noise, etc).
We're not "action" or night life people. (Actually we're old fogeys.) PP and Fairmont are quite expensive, so I'm wondering if there might be an equally (or almost equally) pleasant hotel that would be easy to get to from Canada Place and also walking distance to Stanley Park and other interesting things to see and do.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 03:41 PM

You might want to try the new Loden Hotel, which is just a few blocks from Canda Place but in more of a residential neighborhood towards Stanley Park. I stayed there last month and liked it quite a bit. I'm pretty noice sensitive and found it to be just fine--no noise between the rooms or noticeable traffic noise.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM

Have you checked the rates for your dates for the Fairmont Waterfront as they have a special summer rate in effect until the end of September. We always stay at the Waterfront when we visit Vancouver and we stay on the Gold Floor. The room rate for the Gold floor includes your breakfast and afternoon appetizers and coffee/tea is served all day long and usually a sweet treat in the evening. Their private lounge is perfect for sitting and relaxing with a glass of wine or a cup of tea.
The Hotel is very quiet and so convenient to the cruise terminal.
Another hotel I have heard of although have not stayed at, is the Delta Vancouver Suites at 550 West Hastings Street. It would be just a few blocks from the cruise terminal. I believe that it's fairly new or just been refurbished recently.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 06:57 AM

take a look at the westin bayshore.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 07:37 AM

I agree with live42day -You would have to get a cab although it is not far from the terminal. The Bayshore is certainly quieter than the others and is right on the harbour. You can walk along to the park from there without having to go up to the busy main street. http://www.westinbayshore.com/ It has far more resort feel than the highrise hotels.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Try Hotel Le Soleil -- small suites, nicely decorated, just a short walk from the harbour.
www.lesoleilhotel.com
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for replies. I've checked (and cross-checked) the various suggestions and I think that the Westin Bayshore (with its proximity to Stanley Park) is a good choice for us. Problem is that there are reports of noisy rooms-- not from outside noise but rather from thin walls between the rooms. I wonder if parts of that hotel have better soundproofing than other parts. Does anyone happen to know?

And Happy Canada Day if you're responding from my north neighbor.