Vancouver

Mar 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Vancouver

I will have a couple of days in Vancouver with grandsons 12 and 14. What would you recommend for us to see in that limited time. Also any recommendations re eating. We will be staying at the Hyatt.
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
BAK

I'd probably take the Sea-Bus across to North Vancouver and look at the boats over there, and then come back to themainland.

I'd go to Granville Island, and perhaps to the martitime museum in Kitsalano.

BAK
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:57 PM
MD

You could go up the North shore hill to the Capilano suspension bridge, if you're not afraid of heights. It's a footbridge across a gorge.

A bit further up the road you can catch the cable car up to the top of Grouse mountain (ski resort overlooking the city, nice view).
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:10 AM

If the weather is lousy take the Skytrain to Metrotown Centre which has a large amusement area geared to teens and pre teens. It's also the largest shopping centre in the city. If they're into it the Science Centre can be pretty cool.
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:22 AM

Agree with the suggestions given, my son enjoyed the Science Center with its hands on exhibits. We also took a bus tour to the Capilano Bridge and Grouse Mountain which included a ride on the ferry back to the city as the sun set, I think it was Grayline Tours. They pick up at the Hyatt.

For food around that area is the Keg for steaks, Joe Fortes serves good seafood, Koji for japanese and sushi, Victoria Restaurant (next to the Hyatt) for good dim sum. Have a great trip.
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:28 AM

Forgot to add the Vancouver Aquarium located in Stanley Park, which we all thought was worth visiting. If your grandsons are active they could rent bikes and ride around Stanley Park as well.
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

great help everyone. That tour to the bridge and Grouse mountain sounds like fun. Do you pretty much need to do a tour to get there. I will not have a car.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:28 PM

You could take public transit, but that would be time-consuming. Landsea Tours and Dominion Tours are two companies that offer tours to Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge, and I'm sure there are many others. I'd email the Hyatt and ask for some suggestions. Cheers, Linda