Reload this Page >

Toronto Theatre and Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Shelley

My husband and I are taking a last minute trip to Toronto this weekend. We'd like to see a show on Saturday night. Is anyone aware of a website, phone number or location in Toronto which sells tickets on such a short notice-- and preferably cheap?...and what restaurant should we dine at? We're staying at the Hilton Toronto.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Brian Kilgore

There's a discount theatre ticket seller on the bottom floor of the Eaton Center shopping center, which is a couple of blocks from your hotel, but it does not offer tickets to the best shows in town.<BR><BR>Within the hotel is Tundra, fancy and expensive and modern; under the hotel is Ruth's Chris Steak House, more traditional (dark wood) with great steaks, and a favorite of mine.<BR><BR>Several blocks from the hotel, on King Street West between John and Blue Jays Way, (also called Peter Street)are a dozen good mid-priced to expensive restaurants in one block.<BR><BR>For good steaks at lower prices, Le Bifteque in the Sheraton Centre, kitty-corner from the Hilton, is good.<BR><BR>Anyway, you've got 30 good restaurants within a ten minute walk.<BR><BR>www.Toronto.com should get you to useful web sites.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Susan

My favorite for the past 22 years has been Le Select Bistro on Queen St. West just north of the Peter St. area described by Brian above.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 08:24 AM
firas

Shelley,<BR>Here's a good website:<BR>www.ticketmaster.ca<BR>They have a link to their charge-by-phone and ticket centres...<BR>Here's the address of the one in eaton centre:<BR>Toronto<BR>Downtown T.O. TIX<BR>Eaton Centre Dundas Mall<BR>Level 2 of Eaton Centre<BR>(Near Cineplex 1 Below Street Level)<BR>* NO * First Day Sales Tue - Fri: 12:00 noon - 7:30 pm<BR>Saturday: 12:00 noon - 6:00 pm<BR>Closed Sunday & Monday <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Bonnie

Most Concierges at the Hotels can get you tickets but cheap probably wouldn't do it. If you haven't seen Mama Mia it can be said that it is one show that is definitely worth the price of the ticket. If you go to the Royal Alex Theatre ticket office earlier in the day you might be able to get tickets if they have released house seats or find someone selling tickets outside (not always a scalper, sometimes a group has extras). The night of,the same thing works.There is a ticket agency that I have used but I can't remember the name. I think it is Robert something.Maybe do a google.com search for Toronto theatre tickets or go on toronto.com. I have seen a number of wonderful plays through TOTix. They have a recording that tells you what is on sale if you just want to call in first.