Omni in Montreal

Jun 5th, 2002, 05:38 PM
anncat

Omni in Montreal

I just got a rate of $90 a night for 2 nights on priceline. On my last 2 visits I stayed at the Queen Elizabeth which I loved but they were booked and I took a chance for the first time with priceline. I am curious as to how good a location Omni is in since I liked the location of Queen Elizabeth and thought it was situated at a convenient spot. Any help appreciated as to how this hotel compares to Queen E.

Jun 5th, 2002, 05:50 PM
L

Please give the address and I will let you know since I don't know this hotel

Jun 5th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Brian Kilgore

Someone told me last week it's the old Four Seasons, which means it is on Sherbrooke, a few blocks north and a couple of blocks east of the Queen Elizabeth. It's close to the main museum, Ben's Deli (a favorite of mine) and only a couple of blocks from shopping, etc.
All in all, a fine location.

BAK

Jun 6th, 2002, 08:03 AM
cindy

The Omni is indeed the old 4 seasons (was also caleed Westin, briefly) and is a great hotel. It's on Sherbrooke, a few blocks east of the Musee des Beaux Arts.
Many rooms on high floors have spectacular views of Mont Royal and the rooms themselves (dark wood, marble baths) are very elegant.

I've been trying to get the Omni for my trip, but they 'ran out' of promotional rates and have been quoting me rates of $150 US and up. When you bid on Priceline, was this your first bid or did you start lower? Also, for what dates, if I may ask? I would love to get a rate like that for the Omni!

Jun 6th, 2002, 12:10 PM
anncat

Hi Cindy I am staying for 2 nights June 22-24th. I actually tried a low bid of $70 first and was rejected but increased it 72 hours later to $90 since it was getting closer to the time we were going and also when I tried to book hotels by phone they were all getting booked up so I assume it is the start of the busy season. I am delighted with the rate and I am sure if you look at biddingfortravel.com you can get some additional feedback on your bid but be careful if you plan on going soon as to what you bid since I did not realize I had to wait 72 hours to bid again. Good luck.

Jun 6th, 2002, 12:34 PM
cindy

Thanks, Anncat.
I actually tried Priceline today (having checked with Biddingfortravel.com first)and my bids of up to $75 were rejected. I'm not going for a a couple of weeks yet so I have time and plan to rebid--just wanted to get an idea of what dates were attached to what price.
Enjoy the Omni!

Jun 7th, 2002, 06:34 PM
kate

The Omni is the better location of the two.Ask for a room on a high floor,facing Mont Royal or Sherbrook,that is the best view. We were upgraded one year to a Jr Suite and that was great!We stayed the first time when it was a Four Seasons,once when it was the Westin and the last time the Omni everytime was excellent.
Do try to have dinner at the Chinese restaurant downstairs,Zen.It is amazing and not like any chinese restaurant experience you have had!
The hotel is just a matter of blocks from the Museum of Fine Art, Holt Renfrew department store(my favorite),many lovely galleries and a gem called the Petit Musee.
Just across the street is McGill College, around the corner is Peel,where you will find many restaurants,and CAtherine where all the shops,restaurants,cinemas and music stores are.
Have a great time`!