Montreal Hotwire

Search

Montreal Hotwire

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal Hotwire

Has anyone used Hotwire to book 3 or 4 star hotels (downtown)? Hotwire shows a 3.5 star property, which has a pool and is listed as a "Customer Favorite." Any ideas on which hotel this is? I've checked bidding for travel and was able to identify a few 4-4.5 star hotels, but not this one. This is for my daughter and her girlfriend who are travelling on a limited budget.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 02:16 PM

Bidding for Travel deals with Priceline. Hotwire and Priceline areas and hotel ratings are different. Regardless, you just never can predict the hotel.

I've used Hotwire often for Baltimore, NYC, Boston, etc., and once for Montreal. I have never once been disappointed with the hotel. I've also used Priceline frequently. I've been more pleased with the Hotwire hotels, even though I've paid a bit less using Priceline.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 03:03 PM

You might want to look through Hotwire's vacation products where they name the hotels, and compare amenities, to see what the 3.5* is - just looking now, I suspect it is the Wyndham, however you can never be sure. May have to try diff. travel dates to get 3.5* to come up. Also http://www.betterbidding.com also covers Hotwire, may be able to suss it out from there.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your helpful suggestions, DJK and MelP. I've had limited experience with Hotwire and Priceline and have been very pleased, especially with the Hotwire hotels; but this has been only on the West coast. After looking at the info on Hotwire properties I'm inclined to agree with you, MelP, that this may be the Wyndham. Ultimately, my daughter will have to decide, if she wants to try Hotwire.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 06:00 PM

I am always traveling for business so I use these tools all the time. I ocassionally use hotwire, but I cannot always risk having my schedule altered. I like to use orbitz for hotels if I am traveiling on a tight schedule. I have found that they have recently had the best hotel deals of all the online sites like it.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 07:43 PM

This hotel definitely is the Wyndham Downtown Montreal. I just purchased a 2 night stay for 8/21-8/23 on hotwire.com at $62 per night. It's a great deal if you are budget conscious. My wife and I are splurging in Quebec City and at the Fairmont Manoir Richlieu, so this was a sensible option for Montreal. Although I have not stayed there, I understand the Wyndham has clean rooms, basic amenities, and is convenient to the metro and shopping, even though it is not the prettiest block in town.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, especially gilber20. My daughter got the Wyndham for one night, midweek, for $56.