Hotel in Montreal - Reasonably Priced

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Montreal - Reasonably Priced

Can someone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Downtown Montreal for this Labor Day weekend? Something (preferably) in the neighborhood of $70-90 US dollars? Thanks.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 04:08 PM

This is not a good weekend to be looking for a bargain in downtown Montreal, since the Int'l Film Festival is underway. Tourisme Montreal posts a bi-weekly list of "last minute deals" in hotels; in general rates are high for the better hotels this week due to the film festival. You will have to compromise on quality, choose a B&B, or visit another weekend to get a better deal.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 09:11 PM

Or, visit www.biddingfotravel.com and try Priceline. We're staying at the Bonaventure Hilton later in September for $75/night with Priceline.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:53 AM

Too late for Eugene but for others this may help. I have always found the Novotel on Mountain Street (1180 Rue De La Montagne to be proper and put it in French) to have good rates and it is in a great location. Nice rooms, excellent breakfast offered in the lobby Cafe Nicole. Check it out on the novotel web site.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:22 PM

Another option to priceline is to try hotwire.com. After specifying a preferred location (i.e. downtown Montreal, Laval, etc.), they give you a price if available, but won't tell you which hotel it is.

My wife and I got a $64 per night rate at the Wyndham at Complexe Desjardins for 2 nights on Aug. 21-23rd using this method. Prices are slightly higher than priceline, but you don't have to go through the frustration of guessing and "gaming" a price in repeated searches. Deals seem to get better the closer to the actual date if there is an excess supply of hotel rooms.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:32 AM

Unless you have a reason to stay in Laval I would not suggest that as an option. If you visit is to be in the city of Montreal do not stay in Laval. The traffic getting into the city can be a nightmare, especially in the mornings. To enjoy Montreal stay in Montreal.