Reload this Page >

Restaurant recommendation in Waterloo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Barb

Visiting our daughter in Waterloo and are wondering if there are any fun, funky restaurants in town for a dinner out. She hasn't been there long enough to find one. Thanks for any help!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Steve

Lived in Waterloo for 5 years for university.<BR><BR>I would recommend Too Russo's, Times Square, or The Rude Native. My favourite is the latter. All in uptown Waterloo on King Street.<BR><BR>There also may be other good restaurants in the area that have sprung up since I left 2 years ago. Uptown King Street is where all the core activity is.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Barb

Thanks Steve - just the info. I was looking for! I had seen an ad for The Rude Native and loved the name but didn't think that was a good reason to go. Now we have one - thanks again!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 06:22 AM
Lauren

If you want a really nice meal, go to Sole. It is a lovely, very classy little spot with excellent food. To just grab a light lunch, I would recommend the Plantation Coffee House. Wonderful wraps, great desserts. <BR><BR>My own experience with the Rude Native has been that's it's more expensive than the food warrants, and the service is VERY slow.<BR><BR>For some other ideas, try this link http://www.therecord.com/entertainme...ing/index.html. This is the dining guide from the local paper - lots of reviews and info.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:23 AM
canuck

My son lives in Kitchener and when they want to go out for a VERY special dinner, they talk about Janet Lynn's. I've got to Kitchener on business and like the Charcoal Steak House (ribs, steaks) and the Italian place underneath is more of a fun, funky place. It is in Kitchener however.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:36 AM
Barb

Many thanks folks for the suggestions which we will keep for another visit. Did have dinner at the Rude Native and loved it. While not inexpensive, the choices were plenty and the "fusion" cooking was a welcome change for kids who have been eating dorm food. The service was good so overall, I have to say I would definitely recommend it. Fun and funky for sure!