Reload this Page >

Restaurant in Banff and Jaspert

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:52 PM
Brenda

I will be in Banff and Jasper for one night each on July 28&29th. Looking for recommendations for excellent restaurant in each location. Interested in more upscale place with very good food and service. Can anyone help? Thanks alot.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Bubba

Brenda,<BR>Just returned from BC. While in Banff, we ate one night at Giorgio's - good Italian food, good atmosphere, and good service.<BR>Enjoy -<BR>Bubba

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:58 PM
mac

<BR>Skip Rose and Crowne Pub. The worst service ever received in an restaurant. Not just slow as molasses but rude wait staff, too. And management that doesn't give a rip.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:09 PM
hope

We were in Banff a few years ago and ate at MelISSA'S ON Lynx St; Don't even know if it's still there and it's more like Ruby Tuesday's or some family type place (food was ok). BUT....We saw the most incredible scene, a moose parade down the street in front of our window. We thought it was staged, but apparently it wasn't. Enjoy Banff, but it is touristy (though we found a great "Native"-type gift shop near Melissa's). The Banff strip is kind of, well, ugly; Would advise more time at Lake Louise & environs.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 06:59 AM
Kelly

Try the Buffalo Mountain Lodge Restaurant on Tunnel Mountain Road. Excellent food (including local specialities) and service, but it isn't cheap.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
Lila

Can't recommend any "upscale" place for Banff (we kept it "lowscale" in Banff) but for Jasper, we just had our 1st Anniversary dinner at the Edith Cavell Room at the Jasper Park Lodge. The food was excellent but the service was "incredible". I did have to wait quite a while to get a second glass of wine but the restaurant had gotten very busy, and I didn't mind waiting because I found it quite interesting watching the waiters "perform" their beautiful table services. It's very expensive but it's very special too.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
Cary

The Banff Springs Hotel offers fine dining, and is a beautiful hotel to walk around in. Go to the Fairmont Hotels website; you can search for the Banff Springs and read about the different restaurants they have. The viewes are amazing as well. Giorgio's isn't very upscale, but the food is excellent. The website for the hotel is www.fairmont.com.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:02 PM
Spud

The Post Hotel Restaurant in Lake Louise is absolutely world class. I'm a local...skip Banff and stay in Lake Louise...unless you like tourist traps.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:16 PM
me

<BR>Dear Spud: Can you please answer this? Going from Banff to Jasper, we noticed in the distance a lodge with a red roof. The parking lot was full of busses so we assumed it was a national park lodge. Can you tell me the name of it? It looked very nice, and I'm sure is quite expensive. We would like to stay there the next time if we can afford it.<BR><BR>Thank you!!<BR><BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:23 PM
Trish

In Banff, Georgio's is a nice restaurant and the Buffalo mountain lodge can be great and can be OK. If you want great go to the Rimrock Hotel and the Classico Dining Room. Go early enough to enjoy the view (it stays light quite late). It's expensive, but wonderful. The Fairmount Dining room is one of the most expensive restaurants in Canada, I'd really think that one. The Post Hotel at lake Louise is wonderful, but it is quite a drive and if you're enjoying wine with dinner, not worth the risk.<BR>Enjoy!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:48 PM
RK

The red roof building on the Icefields Parkway, north of lake Louise, is Num-ti-jah Lodge. Built by Jimmy Simpson, trail guide in the rockies, first building was built in late 20's and is still owned by the family. Great place not sure of price.<BR>

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Susan

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon to Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. It is incredible there. In Lake Louise (about 45 minutes from Banff) we ate at the Post Hotel. Excellent food, excellent service. Highly recommend it. Very upscale. In Banff we ate at Giorgios which was nice. Not too upscale but good food. We also ate at Saltlik and really enjoyed it. Great steak! In Jasper we did not have much luck. DO NOT EAT AT VILLA CARUSO!! We had the worst experience! My husband had to order his steak 3 times because they could not get it right and still didn't get it right the last of the times. The owner and owner's daughter were rude and NEVER came back to check on us. The meal cost us a lot of money for nothing. We were very upset. We also ate at Karouzo's which I wouldn't recommend much either. It was mediocre. Have a great time.