radisson- mississauga

Search

radisson- mississauga

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2004, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radisson- mississauga

guys- just booked this hotel- any views on this hotel- i know it's outside of downtown by 30 minutes etc but what is the public transport access like in terms of cost and routes to downtown toronto etc?????????
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:06 PM
BAK

How many times have we told you to stay downtown?

BAK
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:20 PM
BAK

It's not out of downtown by thirty minutes -- it's an hour away.

As for public transit, you can pretty much assume it does not exist, as far as tourists are concerned. You could probably get downtown in about an hour, combining a Mississauga bus, and a GO Transit commuter train, but the GO trains only run, probably -- I don't have a schedule here -- once an hour outside of rush hours.

It is twenty minutes by car on the far side of the airport from the city of Toronto. And when traffic is not too bad, the airport to downtown is 40 minutes or so.

There is no good reason in the world for a tourist to stay at that hotel.

Go downtown. Within or at the edge of a box bounded by:

Bloor Street on the north
Spadina on the west
Jarvis on the East
Lake Ontario on the south

BAK
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:34 PM

You are staying in "outer mongolia".

The hotel is located at 2501 Argentia Road. Check out the loaction at www.mapquest.com.

You will need to use the GO commuter rail and bus system.

The way to get downtown from the hotel is as follows:

1. Take a cab to the Streetsville GO
Station (Commuter rail and bus)
Catch the bus to Union Station
downtown.
2. Reverse the process to get back to
Mississauga. The bus should say "Milton" on it.

The GO reference is
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...p?station=STGO
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:43 PM

I certainly endorse the previous posts. Unless you have friends or relatives or are doing business in Mississauga, I can't think of a single reason to stay there if you are visiting Toronto. This hotel is in the far suburbs, with no convenient public transit to downtown.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

ooooh crikey!! i tried the downtown hotels and a lot are out of budget or didn't have indoor pool( a must) we wil be renting a car and my husband likes driving so once we get our bearings we should be fine--- we live v. close to the midlands in ireland so driving to dublin takes 1/2 hrs depending on traffic( which can be horrid) so driving doesn't bother us
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:47 AM

Oh, carlow1, driving from the midlands into Dublin is a whole lot different than driving into Toronto. Do trust all the advice you've been given here. It can , and usually is, a nightmare driving into Toronto. Also, you are spending money renting a car, and you really and truly don't need one if you stay downtown and most of us would advise against it anyway. So you could put the extra money into a pricier hotel. Also, the downtown parking will cost you a fortune...so there would be more money you could put towards the downtown hotel.
Also, your husband would be driving on the 'other' side of the road. Driving out of the airport and into Toronto will be an 'experience' to say the least.
Rent a car only for the days you will be out of the city.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:45 AM

Well, since you've decided on staying in Mississauga and driving, here's a suggestion. Drive to one of the subway stations (Kipling on the Bloor line or Yorkdale on the Yonge-University-Spadina Line) and park in one of the commuter parking lots. It will cost $5 for the day. Take the subway downtown and you won't have to worry about traffic and parking hassles. You will still have to cope with the traffic on 401 or 427, which can be nerve-wracking especially at rush hours, but less so than driving all the way.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:02 AM
BAK

Am I right in remembering there's a little girl on this trip?

Staying downtonw means you can go back to the hotel for a nap. It means you can go for a nice walk after dinner, and then be back at the hotel for bedtime, instead of driving through traffic for an hour.

last week I did a lot of driving in the neighborhood of the Radisson, and it is awful. It is worse driving in much of the suburbs than it is downtown.

And as someone said, for most of the time in Toronto you do not want or need a car.

Do not think of Dublin. Think of London. You don't want to have a hotel thirty miles from downtown London, either.

If the indoor pool is necessary, try the Sheraton Center, the downtown Hilton, the Delta Chelsea (which has far and away the best pool for kids)

BAK