Reload this Page >

One day in Victoria???

Search

One day in Victoria???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:31 AM
Nancy

One day in Victoria???

My husband and I will be in Vancouver for 4 days next month. Is it worth taking an all day trip to Victoria... or is the travel time too long to go there and back in one day and still see and enjoy Victoria? I would appreciate any feedback.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:52 AM
mark

You are looking at approx 3 1/2 hours travel time each way if you take the bus/ferry route or drive. You can also fly harbour to harbour which is much quicker. If the weather is nice and you can handle a long day I think you would enjoy a day trip to Victoria. Vancouver and Victoria are very different cities and it is worth seeing them both.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:27 AM
jim

If you can get up early enough to catch the 7 or 8 AM ferry you can be in Victoria by 10 AM.The last ferry goes back at, I think, 10 pm. A long day but well worth it. Victoria is beautiful and worth losing a couple of hours of sleep to see.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:47 AM
Joe

Nancy: Just came back from a Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver trip. The crossing time from Tsawwassen (sp?), forty minutes from Vancouver by car, to Sydney, half hour from Victoria by car was one hour and thirty five minutes. Beautiful trip through Gulf Islands. You could easily wander the harbor and downtown area (very English) in a day and it is fun. Have lunch and or dinner and take a late ferry back. Well worth while. Go to http://www.bcferries.bc.ca/schedules...w-current.html for schedules. Have a great trip.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Linda

Victoria is a seaside gem. Yes, it is a 3 1/2 hour ferry/bus trip, but if you have stamina...We loved it (stayed for a few days). Take a Harbor Tour, walk around the harbor, if you need to sit awhile - go see an IMAX 3d movie for an hour...

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:39 PM
Carmenr

No one has mentioned Butchart Gardens. Visited it in July. Don't know what it will be like in September. A definite must see!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
Frances

Victoria was lovely and I would say that it is worth the trip.We stayed three days.However the journey from Vancouver to Tsawassen is quite long- about an hour.<BR>The very very best part of this trip was the sea journey.On the way out you pass through a very narrow channel and there was another ferry coming towards us at the same time.As we got closer to one side and then another, people were crossing the deck to see-I'm surprised we weren't listing.<BR>We crossed back from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay which was SO beautiful. Until this day I thought the sea journey from Stockholm to Finland was the most beautiful in the world but now I know there are two!

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Sally

I just came back from spending the long weekend in Vancouver. I took a seaplane back & forth to Victoria, you'll save lots of time. And a day trip there is plenty. It takes 35 min. each way and is $99 CN/each way which is only about $60 US.