Reload this Page >

How to get to Victoria?

Search

How to get to Victoria?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:53 PM
MJH

How to get to Victoria?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to Victoria from Los Angeles. I'm considering two options and need more information like cost and time. I don't plan to rent a car.<BR><BR>Option 1. Fly into Vancouver and figure out a way to get to the ferry station. Take the ferry over to Victoria. I think the ferry takes about 1.5 hrs.<BR><BR><BR>Option 2. Fly into Seattle and figure out a way to get to the ferry station. Take the ferry to Victoria. I think the ferry takes 2.5 hrs, so this may not be the best option.<BR><BR>Thanks for any information.<BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Gus Mitchell

If you are not going to stay in Vancouver--and one would wonder why not--then your best bet is to take the passenger only ferry directly from Seattle to Victoria. If you were to fly to Vancouver, your trip from the airport to downtown Victoria woul be 2.5 to 3 hr( including ferry ) There is a bus www.pacificcoach.com ) that will pick you up at the airport and deposit you right in downtown Victoria.<BR><BR>See the Vancouver pages on our website for just about all the information you will need for the Vancouver area, including links to bc ferries and the bus.<BR>Arbutus House B&B &lt;www.arbutushouse.com&gt;

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 11:20 AM
jim

The above is true-it will take a while to get from Vancouver to Victoria on the ferry. There are flights across, but by the time you check in, collect your bags in Victoria , and get into town from the airport, you might as well take the ferry.<BR>The best bet is the bus, which, as mentioned, goes from the Vancouver airport to donwton Victoria. <BR>By the way, the ferry ride is very pleasant and scenic, so dont worry about the time it take so much. Its a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:11 PM
Lisa

We did a completely car-less vacation to Victoria last June and are doing it again this June. Here's how we did it:<BR><BR>1. Flew into Seattle (arrived ~10:30am) and took the city bus (#194) from the baggage claim area at Sea-Tac Airport to Westlake Center (you can get the bus schedules online at http://transit.metrokc.gov/bus/schedules/s194_0_.html).<BR><BR>2. Took the monorail from Westlake Center to the Space Needle and had lunch at the revolving restaurant.<BR><BR>3. Walked 3 blocks from the Space Needle to the Victoria Clipper ferry terminal.<BR><BR>4. Took the 2 1/2-hour ferry ride to Victoria, and arrived in Victoria ~5:30pm.<BR><BR>It was all very simple, we had a great time, and we're looking forward to doing the exact same trip again this June.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 11:54 PM
Ann

You say you want to go from LA to Victoria and everyone including you talks of all these round about ways with flying to Seattle or Vancouver and buses and ferries etc. Why not just FLY from LA to Victoria? Victoria has a fine airport and I see no reason to avoid it.