Niagara Falls Tours

Search

Niagara Falls Tours

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niagara Falls Tours

I am visiting Niagara Falls in July, staying at the Sheraton Fallsview. I only have one full day for sightseeing and I was considering booking some kind of sightseeing tour to ensure that I get to see all the main attractions. Can anyone recommend a tour company that offers a good service?
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:14 AM
BAK

In Niagra Falls there's a tourist bus service called People Mover that goes from place to place, and visitors just get off, explore, get back on, etc.

If you have some independance in your makeup and get annoyed if asked to move along too early, or get bored while waiting for everyone else, this is a better choice.

However, you give up the benefits of the spiels about the attractions.

If it was me, I'd take the on-off People Mover bus. It starts and finishes in parking lots, and is very popular with people who park their car once, and then get to the falls, the flower clock, the butterfly conservatory, the greenhouses, and so on. There's info on this, some pictures, and other transportation info at www.infoniagara.com

BAK
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:19 AM

I'm with BAK. The People Mover goes around to all the sights and attractions. With a tour, you're confined to a schedule.

See the concierge when you check in for all the options/brochures, or visit any of the terrific Niagara Falls websites.

Be sure to find your way to the Incline Railway for getting up and down that hill from the hotel to the Falls!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:14 PM

Helen,
If you type in Niagara Falls and do a search - I left a very detailed trip report of our trip to NF. And I agree with the above posters that the people mover is the best way to travel. If you are planning on going on the Maid of the Mist boat tour - I would advise doing that first as the lines can get very long and out of all the attractions it is well worth the wait but if I only had one day that would be the one I made sure I saw. The Butterfly conservatory was a very nice surprise as well, even my husband enjoyed it... If you have any questions let me know..
Elaine
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:17 PM

Elaine makes a good point, but for a one-day visit, I'd head to Table Rock first for a ticket to Journey Behind the Falls. You don't get right in, but are given a timed ticket. In summer, you'd probably have time to do Maid of the Mist and come back. No matter how long the lines are at Maid of the Mist, in summer, they send one boat out after another and the line moves very quickly.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:52 PM

Hi Helen M

Try this toll free number and see if they can help:
1-800-56-FALLS
www.discoverniagara.com
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.

We have decided to book a tour for the morning so that we get to do the Maid of the Mist and the Journey behind the falls. We are then going to use the people mover in the afternoon to see the rest of things we want to see in our own time.

Thanks again for all your help.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Try Personal Tours, Inc. They will personalize just what you want. I booked through them for our family and it was cheaper than the group tours in those large buses. They customized it to our desires. Their website is www.personaltours.ca Ask for Diana Mills. She was great and very helpful. Again, the prices were better than those large group prices.