Planning a trip to Nova Scotia or Montreal with our 9yo daughter

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2003, 03:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to nova scotia for the second week in August and have no idea where to stay or what there is to do. We have a 9yo and want her to have fun. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Mostef, If you scroll down you will find lots of information re Nova Scotia. I was there years ago& it is delightful but others will help you with more up-to-date information. You can order a FREE vacation Planning Kit at
www.novascotia.com/discover or call toll free at 1-800-565-0000
You can also check this: www.exploreNS.com
For a refund on accommodations please check this:www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:30 AM

Well, there is lots for her to see. Halifax offers water tours (the Harbour Hopper is fun), Museum of Natural History (great exhibits), Discovery Centre (science centre), Freak Candy Shop (my childrens fav store), lots of little boutiques in the downtown area for shopping, Public Gardens (feed the ducks and pidgeons), Citadel Hill, Lawrencetown beach, Queensland Beach, Shubie Park and Point Pleasant Park, Pirates Cove water slides in Dartmouth, Shubenacadie Wildlife Park outside of Halifax, couple of theme parks in the Province and plenty of other beaches to keep a 9-year old amused. Tons of historic sites - and usually a festival or two going on that time of year. I don't think there will be much downtime for her! Let me know what she is really interested in and I can better suggest activities!

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 07:06 AM

Mostef:

I was 8 when we first toured Montreal and 9 when we first toured Nova Scotia. While that was al long time ago ('68 & '69), go for Nova Scotia - all I remember from Montreal was the Granby Zoo while from Nova Scotia we went to Louisberg (they'd just started reconstruction), Port Royal, Fort Ann, Citital Hill.

Just my opinion.

Z
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 02:54 PM

Yes, Cape Breton has lots to offer as well. Try a whale watching tour out of Pleasant Bay or Cheticamp. Louisbourg is awesome. Miners Museum outside of Sydney and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum great as well.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 05:37 PM

Tanya:

Thanks for reminding me about the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, as a 9 year old I knew he'd invented the telephone 'somewhere' but hadn't realized the airplane and speedboat research he'd done in that area.

As I'm responding I still playout in my mind the sequence of pictures where his boat set the world speed record that lasted for many years.

Thanks for triggering the fond memories.

Z
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 07:18 PM

If you want a fabulous whitewater raft trip, raft the tidal bore as it comes in in Schubenacadie, NS, north of Halifax. You will get wet, filthy and have a fabulous time.