Reload this Page >

Montreal Luxury hotels

Search

Montreal Luxury hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 03:15 AM
awatt

Montreal Luxury hotels

Am considering a weekend in Montreal for my birthday. Can anyone recommend several of the best hotels? I want to splurge. Also,what is the weather like in early November?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:07 AM
kate

We were in Montreal last year, at the end of Oct. It was cool and sunny except for one rainy day.<BR>We stayed at the Le Germaine hotel.It is great! <BR>We have stayed at the Omni in a jr suite in the past. If that is your taste, be sure to get a high floor, view of Sherbrook, that way you are facing Mt Royal.<BR>The Vogue is popular, but never appealed to me, we like smaller, more intimate, sort of hip hotels.<BR>Have fun and Happy Birthday!<BR>http://www.hotelgermain.com/<BR>

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Howard

Hands down-Hotel Le St James on Rue Saint-Jacques(www.hotellestjames.com).<BR>Brand new and the height of luxury.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Ben

If you like larger hotels, look into the Intercontinental. We stayed there last month and loved it. We had a spacious room on an upper floor with an enormous bathroom - about as deluxe as any place we've ever stayed. Service was superior. Their website offers a lot of deals. We'd go back in an instant.<BR>Enjoy!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Gia

I would try the Hotel Nelligan. We've stayed at the other properies in the same family, the Place d'Armes and the Auberge du Vieux port and they were absolutely wonderful. The reason I suggest the Nelligan though is because there are fireplaces in every suite... a plus for a November stay!

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:30 PM
kate

Gia-<BR>Did you find the Hotel Nelligan to be noisy? I see that it is on rue St Paul and that is a busy area.Also, did you find out the rates online or did you contact the hotel, there is nothing on their site.Thanks, you have me interested now!<BR>kate

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 06:32 AM
Judi

We stayed at the Hotel Nelligan at the beginning of August and loved it! If you do a search on this site for Hotel Nelligan you will find my post ( two thumbs up!).<BR><BR>Our room was not noisy; it overlooked St. Suplice. I didn't see a suite but I can say that our room was beautiful so you can't go wrong. I booked online.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 11:58 AM
kate

Thanks! Judi,<BR>we might be going up in the fall, and while I love Le Germain, it might be nice to do something different.<BR>Maybe a room with a fireplace

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:20 AM
Gia

Kate, I never actually stayed at the Nelligan, we stayed at the sister properties but I did visit it and I do not think it will be noisy at all. It is located between art galleries and cute quiet caf&eacute;s. It is not near the bars which are located East of Saint-Laurent. I know we will definitely try it for our next stay!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 12:33 PM
kate

Thank you Gia! kate

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:07 AM
awatt

Thanks for your help! Because we're bringing the kids we're leaning toward a larger hotel,and I thank you for recommending some of them. Will look into the Vogue and Intercontinental. Will stay at the boutique hotels next time,when we leave the kids home.