looking for recommendation for a Scarborough Ontario restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for recommendations to hold a dinner for 20 people on a Sunday to celebrate someone's 88th birthday - any kind of cuisine, moderate price. The area of Scarborough or close by is preferred over Toronto (the elderly people in the group prefer not to drive that far).
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:20 AM

Scarborough's a big area. What are the main crossroads close to their home?
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Coming from across the border, I am not familiar with Scarborough, but it has been agreed that anywhere there will do. As I understand, guests will come from different areas of Scarborough. Don't ask me how/why I got this assignment and make the decision
Old May 18th, 2005, 06:56 AM

You may want to post this question on the Toronto board of the Chowhound website (www.chowhound.com). If you haven't posted there before I'll give you a few pointers.

Explain that you have been assigned the task of arranging an 88th birthday party dinner but are not familiar with the Scarborough area.

Because moderate price means different things to different people, it will help a lot if you could be more specific -- $25 per person, $50 per person, etc.

And there is virtually any kind of cuisine you can imagine in Scarborough, so you should to be more specific on that unless type of cuisine truly does not matter. For example, my favorite 87-year-old cannot be persuaded to try sushi but loves any kind of cooked seafood and is happiest at fancy hotel brunches. If Indian or Thai or asian fusion would be okay, that's great, but if what you think they have in mind is a grilled salmon filet or lasagne you should say that, too.
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:15 PM

How mobile is everyone? Do you want a buffet? If so, Tucker's Marketplace may be an option (birthday person eats free if it's the exact date). It's located at Eglinton & Warden (1920 Eglinton Ave. E.) 416-759-5688. Food is good and not too pricey ... under $20.00. OR do you prefer a sit-down and serve place???
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:09 AM

One of the best fine dining restaurants in the Scarborough area is the Old Scott House in the McCowan Rd. and 401 area. You won't be disappointed. Also, on certain days of the week they have a show in their theatre. It was a Vegas style when I last attended, but it may have changed. I know you will enjoy it.