Looking for feedback on Victoria Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have reservations for 3 nights at the Hotel Grand Pacific. I am looking for any feedback regarding this hotel and its location. I am taking my two adult daughters to Victoria for a short vacation in June and want the trip to be memorable.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:26 PM

I haven't read anything negative about it here. The hotel is in a prime location next to the parliament buildings and across from the Inner Harbour. You'll be close to the museum, the Empress Hotel and downtown stores. I don't like their grossly oversized addition, but personal feelings aside, I think you'll be pleased with your choice.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 06:23 PM

I agree the location is perfect.<BR><BR>The lobby and meeting rooms are decorated in the current 5* 'psuedo posh' trend.<BR><BR>I have not seen the rooms, but I would expect no less.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 11:40 PM

And,,since you will be close to the museum..do not miss it..it will make your trip all the more memorable. If you have time for nothing else in the museum do go to the &quot;First Peoples Exhibit&quot;.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 10:29 PM

Hi Golden,<BR>When in Victoria last, this hotel was still under construction. It looks like it was quite a grand scale hotel from others nearby. Location is ideal, within walking distance to just about everything at the Inner Harbor: Ferry terminal,Government St., parks, boats, restaurants, etc. This area can be a very crowded during the summer months it you like a lot of buzz. Regardless, you will enjoy the atmosphere am sure.