Is Tango a good choise ?

Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:05 AM
Anthony

Is Tango a good choise ?

I want to go from Toronto to Vancouver next August.What about Tango airlines ( the fares look very good)? Do they have any catch ?
Thank You.

Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:07 AM
elizabeth

I've flown Tango to Vancouver a couple of times - no "catch" except perhaps that they don't serve food. You can buy sandwiches on board ($5) although twice when I've flown them they've run out so I suggest eating beforehand or buying something and bringing it onboard. One advantage is that if a flight is cancelled they shift the passengers over to regular Air Canada flights rather than having to wait for another aircraft.

Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:47 AM
jan

Make sure you do a cost comparison on the net.
WESTJET will almost always come in lower than TANGO. Tango adds in all these extra fees.
Watch the final total.
Tango @ $69 ends up being more than Westjet @ $89. I have never had a
complaint or delay with Westjet.

Jul 3rd, 2002, 01:09 PM
Susan

Westjet also adds in "extra fees"! Read the small print! The advertised fares do not include the exorbitant taxes!

Jul 3rd, 2002, 01:25 PM
Spud

Flying WestJet is always a more pleasant experience than flying on any carrier run by Air Canada. Unfortunately Air Canada has not placed much emphasis on service.

Jul 3rd, 2002, 02:48 PM
jan

Susan,
If you go to check the reservations on line they will give you the final prices after all taxes. This is where you will see the difference in prices. [extra fees] Sometimes they get pretty close, however even if Tango came in a bit better I would still choose Westjet. They have always done right by me. Anthony, But perhaps they do not fly out of Toronto. Not Sure.
Let us know how you make out.
Have fun
Jan

Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
Susan

Anthony, Westjet flies out of Hamilton which is close to To.! (And, Jan you are right!)
Susan

Jul 4th, 2002, 10:15 AM
x

support westjet if you can. they are a great airline and i don't want to see them pushed out of the market. i heard westjet was going to or has already started flying out of toronto.
i've had luggage lost a few times and the carriers always deliver it to my home. westjet missed a piece of my luggage last month. they not only delivered it the next morning but gave me a $25 voucher for the inconvenience.

Jul 4th, 2002, 10:42 AM
cindy

Yes, Westjet does fly out of Toronto now. They started about a month ago.