Search

air canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:02 AM
lynn

air canada

anyone flew air canada lately, we will be flying Heathrow to Vancouver in Sept - what are they like?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Melissa

Air Canada is a fine airline. They get alot of flack in Canada at the moment because they have a monopoly, but thier service is pretty good. Also to note that transport Canada has very strict rules so our planes are very safe.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:15 AM
rita

Lynn, I have flown AC often over the past few years (domestically and internationally) and have found the service to always be adequate. Sometimes it is better than others. I don't know if you are flying coach or executive class but I am sure either way they will take good care of you. On a flight from London they will serve dinner after take-off and a breakfast prior to landing. You will also see two movies (no charge for the headsets) but I believe they charge for alcohol in coach.<BR><BR>When the merger between Air Canada and Canadian was going on I found the flight attendants and gate staff to be a little cranky at times. Now that the merger of the two cultures is complete I've found the staff to be quite nice.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 10:58 AM
jay

Legroom is quite good on international routes. Service, as mentioned before, is up and down. Alcohol should be free on international routes.<BR><BR>Have a good trip!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM
lynn

so do they charge for alcohol or not - we are coach and ahve always found it to be included in transatlantic flights with other airlines. Thanks

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:15 PM
traveller

I personally don't care for Air Canada (in comparison to many I have flown) but they certainly are adequate. If you have a complaint, you will find them less than adequate. JMHO.<BR><BR>On international flights, I have never been charged for a drink and the food is standard airline fair.