Hotel des Coutellier in Quebec City?

Aug 20th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Tom

Hotel des Coutellier in Quebec City?

Anyone ever heard about or stayed in this hotel?

Your opinions...

Tom

Aug 21st, 2002, 09:48 AM
RoadTrip

Tom,

We just got back about a week ago. Hotel des Coutellier was definitely one of the best parts of our trip (and it was an amazing trip!). The service was extraordinary! We stayed in one of the cheapest rooms they had and it was gorgeous and spacious. No view to speak of really but it didn't really matter. There is a restaurant next door called Moss that was very nice and a bar with a patio on the other side. There are lots of other restaurants, bars and pubs within very close walking distance. The old city is also within walking distance. Breakfast is delivered in a small picnic basket to each room each morning and there is a coffee maker in your room. When I saw everything all wrapped up in plastic, I expected half stale croissants but everything was beautifully fresh! The basket contained 2 fruit juice, 2 croissants, 2 muffins, 2 yogurts, jams, butter and utensils. I think that is it but there might have been something else. It was very nice!

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is not, however, wheelchair accessible.

Aug 21st, 2002, 12:47 PM
Tom

Roadtrip,

Thanks for the feedback. How far from the old city was this hotel? Also, the picture on their web site looks kind of cheesy but you say it was nice? What kind of amenities (other than the basket)?
How much were the rooms?

Any other highlights on places to eat or stay?

Thanks,
Tom

Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
RoadTrip

Tom,

Not sure what makes you feel the picture is cheesy - we quite liked it. Is it the Frontenac? No. It is just a nice, small hotel with great service and a good restaurant. I only mentioned the breakfast basket because I hate having to get dressed and mingle with people before I have had my coffee and a bite to eat so we thought it was a really great idea.

I can't recommend any restaurants as we just walked around until we found a place we liked the look of and the menu (which is usually posted outside).

The old city is a 5-minute walk - uphill. I did it in heals without breaking a sweat - not difficult at all.

Other Amenities - other than what you can see on the web-site, there is not much more. For us this was only 3 days/2 nights of a 16-day roadtrip. We just needed a place to sleep and shower in comfort.

If you are looking for extensive amenities, you may want to check out MANOIR VICTORIA HOTEL or, of course the Frontenac.

Aug 25th, 2002, 12:04 PM
xxx

Or try Hotel Dominion 1912

Aug 26th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Tom

Domnion 1912 was my first choice but they're booked.

Tom

Aug 26th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Tom

Domnion 1912 was my first choice but they're booked.

Tom

Aug 27th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Valerie

I have stayed at the Hotel des Coutellier just last Feb 2002. I found it very nice, rooms great, in a great neighborhood with restaurants and antique shops around. The staff was excellent and there is parking about a block away in a public lot. I would recommend this hotel.

Aug 27th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Valerie

I have stayed at the Hotel des Coutellier just last Feb 2002. I found it very nice, rooms great, in a great neighborhood with restaurants and antique shops around. The staff was excellent and there is parking about a block away in a public lot. I would recommend this hotel. I too, usually stay at the Hotel Dominion 1912.

Aug 29th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Lisa

We, too, are interested in this hotel? Anyone else bee there that has feedback?