Hotel Clarendon in Quebec City?

Aug 21st, 2002, 12:32 PM
David

Hotel Clarendon in Quebec City?

I just looked up this hotel in the "Rants & Raves" section of Fodors and found that it had an extreme one of each. Anyone out there stayed here before? What was your experience?

Thank you,

Strive

Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:40 PM
Author

Topping.

Aug 24th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Cathy

I stayed there just last week. I was a little disappointed in the price/comfort ratio. It is an old building with alot of character in the middle of old Quebec. But the room wasn't ready when we checked in (at 4:30 PM) Had to almost beg for our bags when we got the room. AC was aimed at the bed so I woke up with a stiff neck. Wattage of the bulbs in the lamps was so low, I had to go into the bathroom to read something. I expected more. But it is a great location. I haven't stayed in QC before so I have no alternatives for you.

Aug 26th, 2002, 02:14 PM
David

Cathy,

Thanks for the report. I realize first impressions are very important (and not having your room ready made a bad one) but besides that--and the lack of light--what were some of the high and low points of the hotel?

Any recommendation for or against room type or location?

I would appreciate any additional info you can give me about you experience there.

Thanks.

Strive

Aug 29th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Lisa

We, too, are interested in this hotel.

Any other comments?

Aug 31st, 2002, 07:38 PM
Cathy

I don't know what else to say. It is very centrally located so you can walk to everything. I didn't see other rooms. The one we had overlooked the town as opposed to the less expensive alternative overlooking the courtyard. It had 2 double beds and only one tiny window so the view was minimal. You could see the river in the distance but it was a stand on your toes type window. I had just come from the Omni in Montreal which was a really comfortable hotel with big rooms and large bathrooms and I paid more at the Clarendon and was a bit disappointed.