Hotel availability near Halifax

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel availability near Halifax

We are planning a visit to Nova Scota, starting in Halifax the weekend of the tall ships and touring around during the week. The tall ships weekend we have reservations for Fri and Sat at the Westin.

That next weekend, we will be headed back from Louisbourg and would like to stay in Halifax for Friday and Saturday nights again; we fly out 6am on Sunday. Unfortunately we have not yet booked rooms for that weekend, and the city is quite full.

Do any of you have suggestions of where to stay outside Halifax, somewhere between the city and the airport? I'd prefer not to stay at the airport hotel for both nights, since it doesn't seem very appealing from the website and also because it's so far out.

Our other option is the Delta hotel in Halifax; it has rooms at $209 plus tax per night. Given that we are paying $250/night for the Westin the weekend before, I was hoping for something less expensive. However, if you say that the Delta (with which I have no experience) is terrific, then it might be worth the cost.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 07:29 AM

We faced the same dilemma last year and had a very nice stay at Brook Haven Court Bed & Breakfast in Fall River, between Halifax and the airport. It's probably only about 10 minutes from the airport, which would make it quite convenient for your early a.m. departure. There are 3 comfortable rooms with cable TV, radio, and robes (1 with bath private ensuite and 2 with private baths located across the hall). A full breakfast is served 7:30-9 a.m., as well as afternoon tea and an evening snack. The rooms ranged from $65 to $85 CDN last year. Hopefully, the rates haven't gone up much. Judy Nielsen, the proprietor, is very friendly. You can contact her at (877) 644-0947 or via email at www3.ns.sympatico.ca/brook.haven
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 07:35 AM

P.S. I just found the B&B on two websites: www.bbcanada.com/1919.html and www3.ns.sympatico.ca/brook.haven You can look at photos of the property and learn more about your stay. Also the (877) number I provided is a toll-free one from the U.S.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 09:08 AM

The other option may be:
Inn on the Lake - some rooms recently updated and dining room is good. About 5 minutes from Airport with airport shuttle. http://inonthelake.com
1-800-463-6465

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM

You can currently book into the Halifax Harbourview Holiday Inn in Dartmouth for that weekend starting at under $120 CDN on an internet pre-paid rate through the website.

(Just go to:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/

and click on the Holiday Inn logo to drill in to the property and book.)

It's a nice place and there is E-Z water taxi service across the harbour to the Halifax waterfront, of which you will have a panaramic view from the hotel.

Old Jun 11th, 2004, 09:10 AM
wow

Inn on the Lake