Early November in Victoria

Feb 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Early November in Victoria

I've always wanted to go to Victoria. The only time we would have available to do so would be the first week in November. What kind of weather would we expect then? Would it typically be rainy?
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM

Yes. It can also be quite windy. Reviewing my Butchart Gardens photos from last year, the last two weeks of October were spectacular. It was still interesting in the rain in early November though - just not as colourful.

The museum is a good place to visit on a miserable day.
Feb 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM

Our weather is so variable here, changing throughout the day and neighbourhood to neighbourhood. november is definetly wet weather time, but u could b surprised by a few days or a whole week of nice weather. it is unusual that the rain is heavy so if u have good rainwear u can still b outdoors like the rest of us who walk , run and bicycle in the rain. if u don't have good raingear and need it when u get here @ MEC on government @ johnson has a full array of active wear and equipment. ( i believe 7 million out of 33 million canadians r members of this co op!!)

cheers
AndrewDavid
Feb 14th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Maybe we will try to plan this for the following year, at a different time of year.
Feb 15th, 2009, 11:40 AM

I think it should be noted that it can rain at *any* time of the year in Victoria. November increases the chance or rain, but if you were to visit in say, June, there's always a chance that you could visit and the entire week could be grey and wet. Of course, it's more unlikely in June than in November, but it's a gamble either way.

I last visited Victoria in late September. I was there for 4 days. I had two days where it rained in the morning but the afternoons (and the other 2 days) were spectacular.

November, of course, is autumn here. Typically April-October is warmer.