Detroit to Quebec City

Feb 16th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Detroit to Quebec City

What is the best way to get from the Detroit Airport to Quebec City. Cost? Travel time?
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:57 AM

I would think this would be a long drive, 12 hours or more depending on traffic you hit, 600-700 miles maybe. The train would be another option, with lots of connections, and you would have to get from Detroit to Windsor first to catch it. A 14-16 hour trip probably with changes in Toronto and Montreal.

So, I would fly. Best way to get there in my opinion.
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:05 PM

Take 1-94 e from Detroit airport. You would be at the Canadian border at Port
Huron/Sarnia, Ontario within 2 hrs. Take Highway 402 to 401. (Another hour)
From there, it's a 2 hr drive to Toronto. Toronto to Montreal..another 5 hours. Montreal to Quebec City, 2.5? hrs. Not very scenic, but the fastest driving route.
Jul 15th, 2004, 08:18 AM

spearhead,

I'll second the idea to head from Detroit airport to Port Huron/Sarnia and cross the border there rather than the Ambassador bridge from Detroit to Windsor. You can check border crossing times and links to other pertinent sites at: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

I would certainly consider flying.

- Sharon
Jul 25th, 2004, 04:31 PM

If you want to take the train, it's a long ride. From Windsor, Ontario (across the river from Detroit), you have to catch the 6 a.m. train. You transfer trains in Toronto at mid-day, and then you are on teh train until about 8 p.m. (www.viarail.com). If you do this, definitely book club car - economy for this amount of time would be torture! At least in club you get free booze!