Quebec City to Toronto

Search

Quebec City to Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quebec City to Toronto

This summer is going to be a wonderful one for me and my family. After close to 5 years, my parents are going to travel to Canada for the first time to visit us. My wife and I are planning to let them (and ourselves) have the most pleasant time here. As part of their one month stay in August, we want to have a trip to Quebec City which I have heard is one of the must-see places in Canada. We made an itinerary like this:
We leave Toronto on Thursday morning and head to Kingston. I already booked a boat trip (1000 Islands) as well as a place to stay for the night. On Friday morning, we will leave Kingston and drive to Quebec City. We will arrive there early in the afternoon. I have already booked a place to sleep for the night. On Saturday, we will keep visiting places in Quebec City, and will leave there in the evening. On the way back home, I would like to find a nice and calm place like a small town or a village to stay and enjoy the nature, and head back to home on Sunday evening. Any recommendation for such a place would be appreciated.
I know that 4 days is very short for this round trip, but we have limitations regarding to our work places.
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 02:53 AM

Hi, I'm Steve from Canada
If you are looking for some best tourist destinations in Toronto, then i can suggest you some of best one.
1 Niagara Falls
2 CN Tower
3 Royal Ontario Museum
4 Casa Loma castle
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 05:20 AM

This scheme will be arduous, to say the least. Google Maps suggests the Kingston-Quebec City leg, at about 550 km., to take 5 hours by car, but it will take longer, limiting what you can see in that city the day of arrival. QC-Toronto, 800 kms, 8 hours (I know you intend to start east the day before, but still....) What Google can't estimate is the time spent in traffic jams. You know getting out of Toronto can be slow. Going around or through Montreal practically guarantees tangled traffic that could add at least an hour to the travel, each way. Quebec City, being so old, is not car-friendly either. Much of what your guests see will be out a car window.
Alternatives: Fly. Porter Air has good service to Quebec City from downtown Toronto, but you miss the experience of the Canadian terrain.. Train and bus options might be easier, but are time-consuming and the train is not cheap for a party of four.
The other alternative: Stop at Montreal. There's lots to see and do, in a different culture. Quebec City is indeed a fascinating place but so is Montreal, and you would have more time to enjoy the attractions. Sorry, your wish list is admirable, but a tough assignment.
Old Apr 7th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steverobinson
Hi, I'm Steve from Canada
If you are looking for some best tourist destinations in Toronto, then i can suggest you some of best one.
1 Niagara Falls
2 CN Tower
3 Royal Ontario Museum
4 Casa Loma castle
Thank you Steve,

I myself live in Toronto. My parents will stay with us for one month, and I will take there to these places in Toronto. My question was about the four-day trip to kingston and Quebec City. Thank you anyway for the reply.
Old Apr 7th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Southam,

As I wrote, I have already booked places to stay, so at this point I cannot completely change the itinerary. I ended up booking a place lose to Mont Tremblant for the last night of our trip.
Old Apr 7th, 2018, 12:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
That Sunday drive will be a long one and then you hit cottage traffic returning to Toronto (unless that will be the Sunday of Labour Day weekend).

If not too late you might look here for Saturday night. It will save you a couple of hours driving.

https://www.sepaq.com/pq/msb/index.dot?language_id=1
Old May 27th, 2018, 06:20 PM

Ile d'orleans in Quebec, is pretty. As is Mont Tremblant. I take it you want something away from the big city, or else Montreal is beautiful . Maybe Old Montreal would different and so much to see.