Toronto to Quebec

Jun 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Toronto to Quebec

If someone was planning a 4-5 day stay in the Toronto/Niagra on the Lake area, and wanted to also spend 3-4 days in Quebec, would it be easier(and more or less expensive) to fly back and forth, or to rent a car. What would be the driving time between Toronto and Quebec?

Thanks
Jun 24th, 2006, 11:35 AM
wow

Do you mean Toronto/Quebec City or Toronto to the Province of Quebec? Toronto/Montreal?

Toronto/Montreal is about 6 hours to drive, one hour to fly( lots of Flights out of Pearson, Toronto & also some out of Hamilton, Ontario)

Montreal/Quebec City about 3 hours to drive, probably < one hour to fly.

And, NOTL is about an hour & a half drive to Toronto( depending on time of day....non-rush hour)
Jun 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM
BAK

I used to comute between Toronto and Montreal, and either drove or took the train.

Dependingon where you are starting from in Toronto, you can be in Kingston by the time you drive to the airport, arriving as early as the airlines want you to, clear customs, etc.

And if 3-4 days in Queebce means Montreal plus Quebec City plus wherever else... and budget matters.

One person, take the train.

Two people, train or drive. Three or more, rent a car.

And I like the train a LOT BETTER than the bus.

No need for first class on the train.

BAK
Jun 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM
wow

The train is a good idea. You can catch it in Niagara Falls(I think) or St. Catharines. Then you switch in Toronto @ Union Station for Montreal. It's called Via Rail.
Jun 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Take the VIA Rail. If you go first class Toronto-Quebec City or the other way around, then you get to enjoy snacks and drinks every five minute or so. The attendants are super attentive. Also, you get to play with the seats -- which you can turn 180-degree. On the minus side, first-class ticket is not that much cheaper than the plane ticket -- at least that was my experience a couple of years ago. Try to stay at Chateau Frontenac and get the tower room looking down at the boardwalk. Have fun!