Calgary Airport Hotel for June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I will be taking a very early flight home after our Banff/Jasper trip in late June. We need to spend our final night in Calgary, close to the airport. Free shuttle to the airport would be nice too, as I'd like to drop the rental car off the night before. Any recommendations?
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM

Google the possibilities..with the mess of the new runways most of the hotels are not straight shots to the airport as they once were so I would guess they all have shuttles. There will be a drop off charge ar the airport for the rental. It was $50 from Enterprise last week, cheaper than a cab but still $50!! You might be able to drop the car at an off site place and have them take you to the hotel Enterprise will, I know!
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM

We stayed at the Sandman Calgary Airport Hotel. It was only 32 miles from the airport I don't remember if they had a shuttle. We got in at 11:30pm and stayed there.

I would check www.kayak.com to compare aiport hotel rates
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM

Check out the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel. It is connected to the departure level of the Calgary Airport. Very convenient.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:34 AM

As Scotia says, the Delta is your best bet as it is right at the airport. You can drop off your rental car the night before and enjoy a relaxing evening at the hotel, which is very nice and has great dining options. It may be more expensive than some of the others but the hassle factor of shuttles, etc. is completely mitigated.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM

Marriott has a connected Courtyard and Residence Inn 10 minutes from the airport with shuttle service. Walking distance to a Moxie's restaurant across the street.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 03:18 AM

We stayed at the Hilton last week...our flight out was 7am and we took their shuttle to the airport...When we checked in they put us on the shuttle list for 5:45am, he asked us our carrier and dropped us off at the door...My first choice was the Delta but couldn't bring myself to pay twice as much money...In the end we were more than happy with our choice and wouldn't hesitate to book the Hilton again...That said the line up at security was really long, they moved us through quickly but it was long on a Monday morning at 6am in February not sure how much longer it will be in the summer.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Line ups can be long as the flights to the US all go out at about the same time because of immigration staffing. Domestic lines may be equally long because the early AM flights are already 2 hours behind Eastern airports. Overseas flights usually go out late at night..so it can be frustrating!! You must never cut your time finely!!!
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 04:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I was in Glacier National Park in Montana last August. Came and returned from Calgary to South Florida.

We stayed at the Delta in the airport and were very pleased.

On the way back we stopped in Waterton Lakes for a few hours. Planned it so we'd arrive in Calgary in the evening. Stopped for dinner and then returned the car so as not to do it in the morning.

The hotel is directly across the street from the departure terminal.

On the ground floor you walk across the street. In bad weather go up one floor and take the walkway. I don't remember if it's enclosed or just covered.

Either way it's under a minute.