Reload this Page >

Calgary Airport Hotels

Search

Calgary Airport Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Frank

Calgary Airport Hotels

Does anyone have any recommendations for lodging near the Calgary Airport? The Sheraton Cavalier and Hilton Garden Inn are both listed as being 3 star, but the photos on their respective websites are not overly impressive.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Bob Brown

I just flew home from Calgary a few hours ago. We stayed at the Greenwood Inn which is about 8 K from the airport, just off the Barlow Trail, due south of the airport.<BR><BR>The Greenwood is ok; 3 star.<BR><BR>Comfortable beds, good restaurant, friendly, helpful staff.<BR>It is a hotel really, with pool and meeting facilities.<BR><BR>There is also a Hampton Inn near Barlow Trail also, now far from the Greenwood.<BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:18 AM
gtma

The Delta hotel is connected to the airport. IT is very nice and very convinentif you want to stay right at the airport. The Sheraon is close by and very nice. They have a pool with water slides, great if you have kids. It is a very nice hotel with very comfy beds. We have stayed there many times.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:16 PM
traveller

The delta at the airport is fine. But food is expensive although good. Typical airport hotel. Depends on your time frame. <BR><BR>The Sheraton Cavalier and Greenwood are back to back. I prefer the Greenwood but then I don't have children. I stayed at the Greenwood last summer and my air conditioner wasn't working. They gave me the room for free. Very accomodating staff - A nice lounge and good restaurant. I would think that it is better than the Sheraton Cavalier which is aging somewhat - the Greenwood in newer. You can find them on a search of Yahoo. <BR><BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:48 PM
Joanne

Is there a Marriot near the Airport in Calgary?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:33 PM
Bob Brown

There is a Residence Inn at 39th Street and the Barlow Trail, which puts it on a direct line to the airport.<BR><BR>The airport is far enough out, and the road is good enough, that once you are out of the city center on the Barlow Trail, the run to the airport is fairly easy to negotiate.<BR>