Nice airport hotel

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Carol

Nice airport hotel

Looking for a decent airport hotel in Nice..........please note, have (almost) avoided asking for a nice Nice airport hotel!!

Doesn't have to be 5-star - don't even think there are any near that airport........but mid-price range. Merci.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:53 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:03 AM
xxx

...and I was going to suggest that you might get more responses if you included the location of the airport in your heading

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:14 PM
daphne

There's a Campanile motel
envergure.fr

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:29 AM
xx

?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:51 PM
fran

There is the nice novotel Arenas. about 120. Will be there in July so cant really give you a definite answer. About 100 dollars

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 05:53 PM
xx

I'm looking for a hotel near the airport because my flight leaves at 06:00 am and I thought it would be safer to be near the airport...

Etap, Premiere Classe and Campanile are full the date I need!

Does anybody know the following hotels:
-Ibis (359 Promenade des Anglais)
-Mercure (Californie street) ?

I would appreciate any any suggetion.
Thanks

Any other suggestion ?

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 02:51 PM
xx

Sorry for topping this one...but before making my reservation I would appreciate your input.

Which one of those 2 hotels should I take to be near the airport:Ibis or Mercure ?
Thanks

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Georgine

Carol,

I would recommend taking whichever hotel guarantees you free shuttle service to the airport at that hour of the morning.
(I am assuming that you will not have a rental car to return at that early hour.)

We had stayed at the Novotel Arenas for our last night, because they guaranteed us a 4:30am shuttle to the airport. We returned our rental the night before and took the shuttle back to the hotel from the airport.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Georgine

Carol,

I looked at the hotel locations of the Ibis and the Mercure, and the Ibis is almost across the Promenade from the airport entrance. Not walking distance---but a very short cab ride.

Ibis hotels are very economical, and since you will be getting very little sleep on your last night, you probably won't mind the "tight" quarters offered in a typical Ibis room.

The bathrooms are also very compact.

For what it is worth, I'd spend the extra euros on a nice bottle of wine rather than at a higher-priced hotel at which I may be getting only 5 hours of sleeping time.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:08 AM
FLJudi

We stayed at the Novotel Arenas last Friday night after landing in Nice - meets all of the requirements across from the airport, shuttle early if arranged, quiet, clean rooms. I arrranged by email and was able to negotiate the price down to 84 Euros from originally quoted 105.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:20 AM
xx

Dear FLJudi, how did you mannage the price reduction ?