Anne ma soeur - Montreal

Aug 18th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Anne ma soeur - Montreal

We stayed at Anne ma soeur in July. What a lovely spot in the heart of the action on St. Denis. Literally a 15 minute walk to Old Montreal. The place was spotless and we quite enjoyed the ability to sit on our terrace and have a drink. I would highly recommend it!
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:43 AM

Glad to know! Did you have a balcony overlooking St. Denis? That is what I have and I am just afraid that on our first night, Saturday, we won't be able to sleep because of action. Also, how far is it from the metro. Let me know. I will be there in less than two weeks. Can't hardly wait!
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

We actually had a double suite #34 and 35 which had a terrace that overlooked a small street behind the hotel. I don't think the noise will bother you. Most of the restaurants close up around midnight and there aren't many "bars/lounges" in the area. We walked wherever we went but the metro station is close by as is the bus station. You are literally a five minute walk to the Greek section where we enjoyed a wonderful meal. Sorry can't remember the exact name. I would return to Anne ma soeur anytime! Fresh croissants arrive each morning and you have a fridge with water, juice as well as a coffee maker. There are several coffee shops closeby as well as a wonderful pastry shop. There was a restaurant I believe on the corner of Duluth and St Denis (or several blocks from the hotel towards St. Catherines St.) that had line ups each evening. We didn't make it there - I know you bring your own wine as well.
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:09 PM

carlacs, please let me know your experience at Anne ma soeur Anne. I have been checking B&B. Since my visit will be in the middle of the summer, I am hoping to find a nice B&B , with A/C, and good location.
Jun 28th, 2004, 04:48 AM

Does anyone happen to know the price of a double room at Anne Ma Soeur? I am looking for a nice B&B in Montreal, charming and reasonably convenient. Also heard that Le Petit Prince is a special place. Thanks!
Jun 28th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Anne ma soeur - Last year we paid $185/night plus taxes for the double suite and an additional $5/night for parking.
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:31 AM

It's a comfortable place, in a great location on a very nice section of St. Denis, fantastic area for interesting dining. (And I'm not talking about those tourist traps on Prince Arthur.)

We were there during a horrible heat wave in August 2002, and our room was an air-conditioned haven. Despite the heat we enjoyed our deck, at least when it was shady or when the sun had gone; it overlooked the patio of a restaurant below.

If you want to find their info on line you should search for it by its full name: Anne Ma Soeur Anne. They have a web site that gives rates, etc.
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:57 PM

http://www.annemasoeuranne.com/index_english.html

Just returned from Montreal and stayed at Anne Ma Soeur Anne. The hotel is in a great location for dining. The rooms were clean, comfortable and functional. I would say that they lack a bit in charm, but the location is great, and the price is good. Also, many of them have decks/terrace - great in the summer.

I'm not sure if they have non-smoking rooms.. I'd ask.

Darcie
Apr 26th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Hi Everybody,

We are thinking of checking out the Montreal Jazz Festival this July and wanted to know if ANNE MA SOEUR is a good place to stay while we're there.

Tanya: Was the double suite you stayed at large enough for two couples to not get in the way of each other?

Also, if our window is facing the front street, do you think it will be too noisy with all the festival crowds??

Thanks for your help!

--Betty (NYC)
Apr 26th, 2005, 06:32 PM

topping