One afternoon in Montreal

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One afternoon in Montreal

I work for an airline, and just want to take a quick day adventure to Montreal. Would like to know the best place for shopping and a great lunch where I can people watch.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 09:44 AM

There are lots of neighborhoods for shopping and people watching, but my first choice would be St. Denis close to Sherbrooke - very French and pleasant. For big department stores and a more 'New York' feel, the downtown on St Catherine is what you want.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 07:49 PM

Just had to chime in on this post since we just returned from Montreal last night. You can take the LAerobus into the Central Bus Station on Berri, get on the Metro and go to the Sherbrooke Station ( Just one station up the line) This will put you one block from St. Denis with every kind of shopping you would want to do. It's an easy walk over to St. Laurent street also. Good shopping on St. Denis from Roy St. up. L'Aerobus leaves the Central Bus Station every 20 minutes or so. About a 30 minute trip to YUL(unless rush hour). Check out Prince Authur St. for good food. BYOB though.