Reload this Page >

Serviced Apts. Recommendations??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:57 AM
Adrienne

We would appreciate recommendations for serviced apartments in Sydney, Broadbeach, and Port Douglas from anyone who has stayed there. We will be a traveling group of 5 adults and 3 children. It would be extremely helpful to get information from anyone who has actually used serviced apts. in these areas (including which ones to avoid!). Thanks!!

Old May 1st, 2002, 11:12 AM
Steven

You are asking the impossible because there are thousands of apartments on the Gold Coast and Sydney - Port Douglas has only a few and its best to get onto the web sites for those because you have such a large party they will be limited.

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:56 PM
lcuy

We stayed at Diamond Sands Resort in Mermaid beach. it is on the main road about 1 block from the beach at Tamborine Street. there was a convenience store, several restaraunts and various shops across the street. Nice 3 bedroom 2 bath with a great pool area, full kitchen, a laundry room in the apartment, and garage parking. Nothing particularly fancy, but nice and clean and quiet. Ask for a room at the back of the property. There were 2 new properties on either side of this one, but I forgot their names. My brother, who lives in the area, said they are very nice, but with smaller rooms than Diamond Sands. Ours were $110 AUS last June.<BR>We stayed at Villa Pradiso in Palm Cove-huge 3 bedroom units, but not clean, and the management was just rude. I would definitely avoid this one!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:31 PM
Adrienne

Thanks Steve and Icuy! I appreciate all the comments. We have decided we would prefer to stay in Broadbeach, and we are considering 10 possibilities: Beach Haven, Belle Maison, Boulevard Towers, Capricornia, Carmel By The Sea, Neptune Resort, Oceana, Ocean Royale, The Phoenician, and Victoria Square. If anyone has any experience or comments with respect to these properties, we would greatly appreciate it.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:36 PM
Barbie

The Phoenician is very nice in Broadbeach and also close to all facilities

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:02 PM
Sue

We stayed at the Radisson in Sydney last<BR>July. Two bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, TWO bathrooms, washer and dryer and breakfast buffet! Very good deal and lots of room!<BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:13 PM
Adrienne

The Phoenician and the Radisson sound great. Sue, do you happen to remember what rate you got at the Radisson? Was the buffet included, or were you charged extra for it? Thanks!!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:31 PM
Murph

You could think of staying at the Radisson on the Gold Coast as well. It is at one of the Golf Clubs and is very nice as is the Cheolos restaurant there. <BR>Also check out www.wotif.com and see what the prices may be at present and you may find some really great deals there.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:27 PM
sue

Breakfast was included (for 4, we had 5, so paid for one person). It was some kind of family rate that I saw on the Radisson website and I think we paid about $180 US. Email me if you have any other questions.<BR>

Old May 5th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Adrienne

Thanks Murph and Sue! Any other comments would be greatly appreciated! Adrienne

Old May 5th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Alan

Hi, Adrienne!<BR><BR>This one is at Homebush Bay, a half-hour train ride from Sydney (it's near the Olympic Stadium) but it might be worth checking out for price comparisons: www.vrbo.com/vrbo/3026.htm<BR><BR>Happy hunting!

Old May 5th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Carolynne

Hi there, I live in Port Douglas. House of Willow would be great for you. It is big and roomy and just like a home away from home.<BR>They have a good website as well.<BR>good luck

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:20 PM
aussie@aussie

What a strange thing - John on the earlier posts has now become Suzanne - and is still advertising his own product!

Old May 6th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Michael

Hi aussie@aussie, <BR>let the Dreamcatcher go on dreaming, he must be if he thinks that he can drumm up business that way. <BR>Things can't be going all that great up Port Douglas way. <BR>It's just a shame that it destroys the credibility of this board in the process. <BR><BR>Shaking my head, <BR>Michael