Port Douglas - Thala Beach Lodge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning a 5 day stay at the end of March. Any information and/or recommendations would be appreciated. We are looking at Thala Beach Lodge, Ridges Reef Resort and Club Tropfical Resort. Need help.<BR>Thanks.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 01:56 PM

Just wanted to add that although my husband and I did not stay at Thala - we did have dinner and a drink there and it was INCREDIBLE!! (We stayed in Palm Cove which was also wonderful - but wished we could have made time for a few days at Thala Beach Lodge). YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!! Have fun - the lobby, food, atmosphere, waterfall rock pools etc. are gorgeous!
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Jules, thanks for the message. Another choice of ours is in Palm Cove, namely, Sebel Reef House. Did you stay there perchance?
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 08:06 PM

Jules is spot on, Thala is great. Palm Cove is also great.<BR>Nothing to add to that at all. Reef House has a very good restaurant. Yumo one of the best in Queensland, but then so does Thala. What do you do ??? Well which ever you choose , you will enjoy.<BR>Pete
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:06 AM

We stayed at the Angsana Reosrt &amp; Spa. I HIGHLY recommend it and we had a wonderful time there. The restaurant (Far Horizons) is amazing (great atmosphere!) and although we really enjoyed our meal at Sebel, we didn't stay there or see their rooms so I can't really compare. I can tell you that the spa at the Angsana was incredible (and of good value) and the rooms and service at Angsana were top notch! I'm so envious of your upcoming trip! We wish we could be back there right now!!!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 07:15 PM

We're booked for June so please give us the details when you get home! Have a wonderful time.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 07:19 PM
bez

We've also booked Thala for a week in July. Any tips or advice would be welcome.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 06:15 PM

My wife and I are an adventurous couple and are interested in the secluded and intimate description of Thala. Anyone been there???
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:11 AM

We stayed at the Thala beach last may and it was WONDERFUL. VERY relaxing and convenient to PD via the Palm Coast bus. We had a 'Coral Sea&quot; bungalow and the views of the ocen from high in the trees was fantastic. I have posted some other comments in my trip report so you should be able to get a better flavor there. If you need any particular info e-mail me and i will respond. Have a great Vacation to all.<BR><BR>Mark
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 02:17 AM

We stayed at Thala several months ago. It was OK. Our view looked a lot better in the brochure. Restaurant is really cool, though.