Outrigger Beach Club and Spa Palm Cove

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2003, 12:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're booked to stay at this brand new resort for 4 nights in a room with an outdoor balcony spa. Originally we were going to stay at the Sebel but they are doing renovations on the spa rooms during the time we needed. This new resort was suggested by them. Has anyone seen it yet. It sounds quite lovely but the prices are almost to good to be true which always worries me. We've stayed at Outriggers in Hawaii and they're usually good middle of the road properties, but they're promoting this one more as a luxury type. Any info?
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:07 PM

You are soooooo lucky. Its a beautiful building, its in a wonderful location and it's new. The Sebel is a 1 min walk away, so you can use their restaurant. There are lots of other nice restaurants close by as well. <BR>This place is luxury plus. Believe me, it does not get much better.<BR>Pete.<BR>
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:34 PM

We are traveling in August with two teenagers. We were looking at the Outrigger Beach Club in Palm Cove it looks wonderful. Our other choice is the Outrigger Heritage in Port Douglas. We love being so close to the beach in Palm Cove. My question is Palm Cove to quiet? Would we be better off in Port Douglas? We get good company discounts at the Outrigger that is why we are looking at those two resorts. We plan on having a car and can drive to different areas.Any opinions.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:30 AM

Hi,<BR>Palm cove has a charming 'small town' quietness about it.<BR>It is lovely and just a bus ride away from Cairns and Port Douglas.<BR>Outriggers was not built when we went but the location was being cleared.<BR>If its where I am thinking of its a lovely spot, and I am so jealous.<BR>I am going to Oz again in December but we have left North queensland out this time because of the weather at that time of year. But next time we go I would love to stay there.<BR>have fun and check out the surf club at Palm Cove, good food and drink and friendly locals.<BR>Muck
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all the info. My worries seem needless, but the pricing we were getting really was quite amazingly inexpensive. We noticed on Wotif that their rates were really really cheap(and we may try to switch when our dates come in to the system. A few of you mentioned restaurants in Palm Cove. Any particular one's that you'd suggest. We will have a car if that helps
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 06:41 PM

I almost booked at this resort but decided, rightly or wrongly, we'd be happier with the larger town of Port Douglas instead of Palm Cove. The resort did look fabulous, nicer than anything I found in Port Douglas, all brand new with very tasteful furnishings and right across from the beach. About the only negative I noticed was the apparent lack of an elevator, which if true would be a problem for some folks.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:51 AM

Hi,<BR>I found this website some time ago.<BR>http://www.palmcove.net/<BR><BR>Muck
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:03 PM

Dear luckybee;<BR>We stayed in Palm cove for 6 days with our teenagers (14 &amp; 16 at the time. There are some nice restaraunts and hotels there, but we all found the town a bit boring and wished we'd stayed in Port Douglas instead. This may have been due to iffy beach weather so laying on the beach or at the pool were not available options. PD has lots more places to eat, shop, wander, play, and people watch. We also found Palm Cove public transport was inconvenient and it was cheaper (although scarier!) to rent a car to get around. <BR>Loved the area other than having to travel for activities.<BR>Good restaraunts in Palm Cove were the Angsana's restaraunt and Neptune's (next to Sebel house. Their Pumpkin soup was incredible...we still talk about it!