Search

Australian Visa on the web

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2003, 02:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australian Visa on the web

Hi,<BR>My family and I are travelling from UK to Australia later this year and we have to have a Visa.<BR>The travel agents will sort it for &pound;16 each.<BR>(Around Aussie $40).<BR>Last time we went (2001)it was &pound;10 each<BR>Whilst it is a tiny proportion of the total trip cost, I don't want travel agents to make any more profit if I can help it..lol<BR>Is there a site to get the Electronic visa cheaper ?<BR>Any info will be appreciated.<BR><BR>Muck<BR><BR> <BR>
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 03:34 AM

Hi Muck<BR><BR>Top link on google search &quot;Australia Visa&quot;<BR><BR>http://www.eta.immi.gov.au<BR><BR>20 Aussie Dollars, pay by credit card, sounds like your travel agent is having a laugh.
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 10:02 AM

Check the website for a list of airlines that can issue an electronic ETA. Qantas is one of many. Some airlines that don't fly to Australia can issue them. They do it free and by telephone!
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:58 PM

Just to clarify, there is no actual charge from the Aust Govt for the visa. The charges are made by the agents or airlines, so shop around.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:16 AM

Similar to you, the travel agents offered to arrange Australian visas for a whopping &pound;24 each. In the end, I got my electronic visa from the web site mentioned by Rob for AU$20 which worked out as just over &pound;7. I found the web site easy to use and I got confirmation within a minute that everything has gone okay. You just need your credit card details and passport.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 07:15 AM
LN

Hi Mucky<BR><BR>When we traveled from the states to Australia last Feb - Qantas did our visas for us - and there was no charge. You might check with your airline - if they are charging then you might get it done as easily on the internet.<BR><BR>Have a great time - wish we were going too!!
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:02 AM

Mucky:<BR>We too traveled from the States to Australia with Qantas on two separate occassions. They took care of the visa business over the phone. No problem. Makes one wonder, if your travel agent is charging you for something that is provided by the airline at no charge, what else are they charging you for that's normally free?<BR>