Search

Overcome by nostalgia of 5 week 2007 Oz trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 11:38 AM
SnR
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overcome by nostalgia of 5 week 2007 Oz trip

We are finally getting pictures and maps into an album from our 5 week trip to Oz in Oct. 2007. This is warning to those of you who have just been or are soon to go--get a book from Snapfish or the ilk if you don't want to do hard copy photos and do it as soon as you can after your trip because it gets harder and harder the longer you wait. However, as we finally sort through the many photos and maps, brochures, etc. we are able to relive in memories the fabulous places we went and the wonderful people we met on our journey to Narooma via Jervis Bay, the ACT with Neil_Oz, Airlie Beach and Reef Sleep, Chillagoe, Youngaberrra and great trips with Alan Gillander, Laura and unique Aboriginal guide Johnny, Cooktown and the wonderful trip with Willy of Guburri tours and the very comfortable Sovereign Inn, lovely stay with Pat and Mike Woolford at Lilybank B&B and day tours all around Cairns, the snorkel trip of a lifetime with the Spirit of Freedom, Port Douglas and day trips to the Daintree, and ending with 5 days in Sydney at the Lord Nelson Brewery in the Rocks and meeting with Bokhara. We want to get on the plane and go back RIGHT NOW!!!! Cheers to all of our Oz friends and happy travels to all!
Sally in Seattle
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cheers to you & R too, Sally! Time you came back - the cassowarries are asking about you.
Bokhara
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
SnR
Original Poster

HAHA, Bokhara, you know they are extinct. Especially to us.
Sally
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 01:51 PM

G'day from Lake Eacham near YUNGABURRA.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Sally. I'm very much a picture person and agree with you 100%. I use Picaboo.com for my photo albums and love it. It has been cold and snowing here I recently returned to Australia, as well as Greece, by pulling out the photo albums and enjoying some "arm chair" travel.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM

And cheers to both of you too. Glad you're making progress with your pics, Sally, you did say it would take a while!!! It's about time for a third trip to Oz, wouldn't you say?
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM

C'mon Sal

Time you were back her!
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 11:08 AM
SnR
Original Poster

Well, we ARE dreaming of Western Australia. . . snorkeling with the whale sharks and seeing the stromatolites. . . .. maybe in 2011 if I can get Randy off of wanting to go to South America to "get another continent". Who cares???
Sally in Seattle