Greece Photo Contest Underway

Sep 15th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Greece Photo Contest Underway

You might have already seen other announcements posted elsewhere on the site this week, but I thought I'd post here as well. We kicked off a Greece photo contest yesterday. Good luck to everybody!

You can view the details here:
http://www.fodors.com/contest/greece/
Sep 16th, 2009, 01:23 AM

Is this only open to US citizens - what a shame! I have loads of pictures of Greece and would love the chance to enter!
Sep 16th, 2009, 02:53 AM

Good news, Katie! Luckily, Mr. Fan and I will return from our 25th Anniversary trip to Greece two days before the contest is closed. I may have to kick up my photo taking a notch!

Looking forward to viewing all of the entries.

H
Sep 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM

I was just wondering if the "view recent entries" is just a random sampling, or if all entries are included?
Sep 30th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

The "recent entries" for all of the contests are random samples. We preview and then push "live" photos individually because we unfortunately receive a fair number of entries that are ads/spam for bizarre things like sneakers and purses and tours in places not every related to the destination. We try to make live at least one photo from every entrant and we are working towards a system that enables us to push everything live so all of an entrants photos are instantly on the site.