Gutsy Women Travel

Jul 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Gutsy Women Travel

Has anyone ever taken a trip with "Gutsy Women Travel" which is a part of "Gate 1 Travel?
Barbara
Jul 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Here's a thread with some ideas. It's a few years old but there are some interesting options from people.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...en-trip.cfm?24
Jul 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM

There is a poster on these boards that I think might be very helpful to you as I notice you tagged this Greece. Check out travelerjan - if you go to her profile she has an email posted. I was reading thru the thread that was given - at first Gutsy Women Travel sounded interesting but as I read on high end hotels and emphasis on spas and shopping didn't sound like my cup of tea but to each his own! Sounds like a pricey option but I've never actually done one. Hope you find a trip to Greece, its a delightful country.
Aug 3rd, 2009, 04:40 AM

If you are interested in Greece but not in high end hotels and shopping and would like an all women's trip, check out the Greece trip offered this October by Adventures in Good Company (http://www.adventuresingoodcompany.com).
Aug 3rd, 2009, 05:09 AM

Barbara, check my profile and website for some ideas ... I'm off to an exotic site this week -- (Fire Island ... but back next week, we might discuss wht you want, e-mail me; I go to greece every year on a frugal budget and have a blast! on a shoestring, staying in small family-run hotels.
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:41 AM

Right... so that's what it was all about... shame
Aug 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM

littlejane, what disappoints you? Gutsy Women Travel ?(for spas and shopping!) ... did you think it was about women in pith helmets, paddling up the Amazon? Ah no, it takes guts to wear Jimmy Choos, to get a Brazilian wax, to try on bathing suits!! That's the real frontier.

Cheer up; there are actual adventurers in Greece ... just not in 5-star hotels..
Aug 14th, 2009, 04:44 AM

HA HA Jan!! I'm off to Tolo and Porto Heli to 2 "DIY" apartments on Thursday, so will try to be one of those adventurers!

No, it was more a sense, how can I say it, that the original question was a plant setting up a response from the owner of the travel company, which seems to have been removed since then, so my response makes no sense any more
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:57 PM

I have to say that GWT Greece tour sells out every year and its because they have the best land program and the tour manager is fantastic but most important the women the company attracts are a joy to travel with. Go to their website to see 2010 (http://www.gutsywomen.net) and they are independent from Gate 1 now...