Paris Christmas Markets

Sep 16th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Paris Christmas Markets

I will be in Paris during December and am interested in visiting some of the Christmas markets. Does anyone have suggestions for which are the best/most interesting? Also, are there any other "not to miss" Christmas sights/activities - I will be with my 8 year old daughter.
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM

We visited a nice Christmas market in Place St. Sulpice.
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:57 AM

Don't miss the flower market on Ile St Louis. Don't miss taking a walk along the Champs Elysees after the lights go on.
Sep 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Don't miss the Galeries Lafayette, inside and outside.

There was a Christmas market at St. Germain des Pres last year.
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM

According to the Paris Tourist Office the largest Christmas Market is at La Defense

YouTube - Paris Christmas Market

2 min 16 sec - Dec 11, 2007 -

A little tour of the Paris Christmas Market in La Defense. Pull up a chair and grab some vin chaud. A little tour of the Paris Christmas Market in La ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61r0mfcceg

Christmas in Paris - Celebrating Christmas in Paris France
A guide to celebrating Christmas in Paris, France, with detailed information on the ... 2008 Markets: La Defense: under the Grand Arch Parvis de la Defense, ...
goparis.about.com/od/events/tp/Christmas_Paris.htm

Take RER line A or metro ligne 1 to La Defense, a new town center of high-rise buildings just a tad west of Etoile - check out the Grande Arche de la Defense as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Arche
Sep 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for these suggestions. Palenque, I loved the YouTube video - thanks so much for the link (no vin chaud just rice and veggies - not very Parisian!). There was another one listed right after the market clip that filmed the Christmas lights in the City - also wonderful!
Sep 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM

thanks and yes do check out the show windows at both the Galeries Lafayette and adjacent Au Printemps department stores near the Opera (Auber-Opera RER i think) - these are decorated with moving figures from fairy-tales and attract huge throngs of locals - i loved them

#
I Prefer Paris: Christmas in Paris 2008: Printemps Christmas Windows
Dec 4, 2008 ... What has 2500 black and yellow balls with silver sparkles, 48 stars measuring two to four meters, 80 animated characters, 100000 light ...
ipreferparis.typepad.com/.../christmas-in-paris-2008-printemps-christmas-windows.html - Cached - Similar
#
Santa's Little Helpers at Printemps Department Store in Paris ...
A picture of a cheerful Christmas/holiday window display at Printemps department store in Paris, France.
goparis.about.com/od/picturesofparis/.../Holiday_Lights_7.htm
YouTube - Printemps Paris store window Christmas 2008

56 sec - Dec 26, 2008
Paris Printemps Dept Store Christmas 2006 Window Display · Added. 1:01 ... 0:35. Printemps Christmas Window Display 3. 266 views ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfy0R9QFlM
Sep 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

These little sneak peeks at what we'll see are making it hard to wait!! Thanks again for all your wonderful information.I'm looking forward to the store windows as much as my daughter is!
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM

Not taking anything away from the window displays but the interior dome of Galeries Lafayette is what you really want to see. Bring your camera. The facade is also a lights in motion display.