Melbourne -- Hotels .. (HELP!!!)

Jun 4th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Daina

Melbourne -- Hotels .. (HELP!!!)

Hiya,

Guys heading down to Melbourne for the first time ever and was wondering where to stay in the City ?

We saw a deal on the internet for Hotel Ibis in Little Bourke street .. Whats this area like ? Close to stuff or out of the way ?

Where would you reccomend ?

Thankyou !

Jun 5th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Nikki

Hi Daina
Ibis is part of the Accor hotel chain and is probably one of their inexpensive hotels. We had stayed at another of their properties, booked via internet, and were very pleased. Little Bourke Street is in a convenient area of Melbourne. Have a great time - Melbourne is a fantastic city.

Jun 5th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Aussie

Hi Daina, I don't know the Ibis but stayed last month at the Seville on Russell Apartments which are next to Little Bourke Street, china town end... You are walking distance to all the main shopping area, tram stops close by & all the chines rest. you could wish for.
In c.b.d. Melbourne you are a tram ride from most points of interest in the City.
try www.lastminute.com or wotif.com you may come up with some good deals.
Enjoy

Jun 6th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Bill Simpson

We stayed at the Rydges at 181 Exhibition Street which is in the CBD near Little Bourke St. There is lots of activity in the area, restaurants, shops, etc. & we felt quite safe. If I ever return to Melbourne I would probably stay in the same location - it was very convenient.

Jun 17th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Steve

Hi,
I walk past the Ibis Hotel on my way to work some mornings. It is about 50 metres from Victoria Market and on the same street as the Greyhound Bus Depot. The Hotel looks basic but pretty clean and is located on the Northern edge of the Central City area. From here its a short walk to the Lygon Street Italian restaurant area in Carlton or a 5 minute walk to Little Bourke Street (Chinatown. I've also noticed that there's a taxi rank just outside and several of the backpacker style minibus tours collect travellers from right out front. Hope this helps ...regards...Steve