Reload this Page >

5 Things not to miss in Sydney

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Jorden

<BR>Will be in Sydney in February for 5 days. What 5 things are a must see/do. We are in our late 20's. Like to party and explore new places

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Prue

Jorden,<BR>A couple of suggestions - first would be the Bridge Climb and secondly taking a ferry from Circular Quay to Watsons Bay and enjoying some Australian beer or wine in the outdoors at the Watsons Bay Hotel. You could also add a fish meal at Doyles which is just next door.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 07:46 AM
oztravel

The Sydney Opera house tour and a performance if you can squeeze it in. It's spectacular and I don't even like going to a lot of shows back here in the US. Dinner at a Circular Quay outdoor restaurant on the first day or two of arrival - gives you a great view of one of the busiest places in Sydney- great for people watching. Bondi beach- where a lot of the beautiful people your age hang out and party. Blue Mountains - two hours from Sydney.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:21 PM
DELORIS

HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT OR HOTEL BOOK THE OPERA HOUSE PACKAGE: TOUR, DINNER AND PERFORMANCE. IT IS A REAL TREAT AND THE RESTAURANT IS FANTASTIC. THE PACKAGE IS QUITE REASONABLE FOR ALL THOSE FEATURES, ALTHOUGH I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW MUCH!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Graham

I go along with the Bridgeclimb - also Centrpoint is a worthwhile thing to do as it is much higher and gives a different perspective - take the old (large) ferry to Manly and back as it is much more scenic than the faster models - enjoy the Rocks are (under & around the Southern end of the Harbour Bridge) - plenty of party spots in free local newspapers - FYI Oxford St/Darlinghurst have a lot of gay venues - Kings Cross a lot of strip clubs and some unsavoury types - if you go for a look there take care and stick to the main streets by preference. Surry Hills has some great restaurants by night and factory clothing outlets by day - Enjoy - Graham

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Phil

When I show visitors around Sydney, the favourite places are:<BR>-Bridge climb. A must!<BR>-Go to Manly on the slow ferry. A cheap way to see the whole harbour.<BR>-The Blue Mountains<BR>-Bondi(not our best beach, but the most famous), Coogee, etc<BR>-Taronga Zoo. If you like zoos, it is great and the view of the harbour is worth the visit alone.<BR>-South coast drive through Royal National park, Stanwell Park, past Woolongong, Kangaroo Valley. This can all be done in a day by car and is a great trip with beautiful scenery.<BR>-Aconcert at the Opera House is a must.<BR>-Doyles has a great position but I find the food ordinary and expensive. There are too many great eateries in Sydney to waste a meal! When you get here, go to a newsagents and look for 'The Sydney Good Food Guide' or 'Cheap Eats Sydney', depending on the budget. They will give you the best unbiased guides to eating in Sydney.<BR>I hope you enjoy your trip.